GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 26

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
In the first half Nicolas Pepe had more touches in the Leicester third (25) than Leicester had in the Arsenal third (23). Says a lot about how good we were

Reactions: Rob

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Got to admit sacking Mourinho was a good decision. Could have been 4 already.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yes. Silly Mourinho. Obviously he doesn't want the team to score too much.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Situation is a bit different but sure, you guys were victimized last week.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yep, totally equivalent situations. No differences at all. It’s all a giant conspiracy against Liverpool.
It’s not. It’s terrible officiating. Both are PK or neither are PK

I know you always have your rule book handy so I would be curious what you think the difference is. Very similar plays.

Reactions: AB13

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yes. Silly Mourinho. Obviously he doesn't want the team to score too much.

All the talk of sacking him is ridiculous, they are in a Cup final and advancing in Europe. He is getting a little too much criticism, but there is no reason this team should be 7th in scoring. In my opinion, they have dropped points this season due to being too conservative. Yes, that's how he plays historically, but it has hurt them at times in league matches.

Just let them have 5-10% more possession, I don't think anyone is asking them to be Leeds.

Reactions: Jack Straw

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s not. It’s terrible officiating. Both are PK or neither are PK

I know you always have your rule book handy so I would be curious what you think the difference is. Very similar plays.

The obvious difference is that in this case the player has lost the ball and then stumbles into the defender and last week the attacker was chasing a loose ball with a clear chance to put it in.

Also the small fact that TAA raised his left to catch the attacker and complete the takedown after.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
All the talk of sacking him is ridiculous, they are in a Cup final and advancing in Europe. He is getting a little too much criticism, but there is no reason this team should be 7th in scoring. In my opinion, they have dropped points this season due to being too conservative. Yes, that's how he plays historically, but it has hurt them at times in league matches.

Just let them have 5-10% more possession, I don't think anyone is asking them to be Leeds.

Don't get me wrong they have had some issues, but all this focus on what people think Mourinho wants is at times embarrassing. There have been several games you can hear him screaming press press press and while people post on here saying Spurs are sitting back because Mourinho wants to.

Spurs had 20 shots away to West Ham. The team City completely crushed.... oh wait.

Still. He obviously needs to deliver more performances like the first 45. He deserves some criticism for this season, but not just repeating the same old story about Mourinho never wanting to attack.

Saw it again in the first 45 how shaky Spurs are at times defensively. Not easy to get the balance right with 4 defenders that are at best average at defending these days.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bale is awesome. Hopefully he's finding some form and consistency. He's always been really fun to watch when he's on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The obvious difference is that in this case the player has lost the ball and then stumbles into the defender and last week the attacker was chasing a loose ball with a clear chance to put it in.

Also the small fact that TAA raised his left to catch the attacker and complete the takedown after.

That screen cap is misleading. That’s not exactly what happened. It’s not loose ball chasing either. Both are plays off the keepers initial save. DCL also was the one who made the initial contact.

I’m not saying it’s not a penalty, but I’m saying it’s not stonewall, and either both plays should be or both plays shouldn’t be. LFC have been on the wrong end of a lot of 50/50 calls. This season, and he is another obvious example of such.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Whether it’s the manager or the players, this was one of the more enjoyable games Spurs have played in a while.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Very glad to see Chilwell back in, and am hoping that it potentially means a switch to a flat four with CHO playing as the left winger. It probably doesn't, but we'll see.

What a weird time. It was never ever remotely close lol.

Yeah, I remember there being a decent amount of doubt around Rashford with thoughts that he could be just the next extremely hyped English talent, especially when he made the Euro 2016 squad - I remember not being extremely high on him as a prospect until he really stepped up a level two or three years ago.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Very glad to see Chilwell back in, and am hoping that it potentially means a switch to a flat four with CHO playing as the left winger. It probably doesn't, but we'll see.
Probably a 5-3-2/3-4-3 with CHO as a right wingback again.

You think they are saving certain players for LFC on Thursday or overthinking here.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad