GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 25

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zzzzz this game was a snooze fest

city didn’t get out of neutral. Seems to me they wanted to finish it 20 mins in and when they didn’t just sat back and ran the clock down.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Also, City gotta be the most boring champions ever. Don’t think I’ve ever watched a game that they’re entertaining in. Bore the opposition to death until they get annoyed and dive in or make a stupid rash mistake

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think you are missing a lot here.

• City is used to having Aguero out. He has been kind of injury prone and it hasn’t hurt their team. City rack up points without Aguero just as much as they rack up points with Aguero. A healthy Aguero makes them a better team, but missing Aguero doesn’t negatively impact them either. Has not having Aguero caused City to be worse in the league, or get knocked out of any cup competition? Nothing really to complain about.
  • Aguero being out means Man City can put another 8 figure forward in the line up. There isn’t much of a talent drop off because you are getting another top player in the lineup. They will replace Aguero with a 9 figure forward this offseason. They are one of the only teams whose spending will not have been impacted by the pandemic. They have over 100m of fullbacks alone on the bench today.
  • Aguero is just one guy. Not an entire position group.
  • City might be better without Aguero? I don’t know if even I agree with this yet but the evidence is pretty interesting.
Now if you look at Liverpool, they’ve never had to play without Virgil since he arrived. They don’t have another 50m player that they can throw in. They don’t have any players that they can throw in because the position group is wiped out. The midfielders covering for the injured CBs are injured. Not is a rarity (if ever) that a team has ever had to deal with injuries at that scale. Liverpool aren’t City.

obviously there are other issues but City losing Aguero has much less of an impact than Liverpool losing Virgil if you wanted to do a one for one comparison.
:facepalm:
You continue to compare the number of players while I compare the number of points dropped.
But hey I was clear you just refuse to see it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Also, City gotta be the most boring champions ever. Don’t think I’ve ever watched a game that they’re entertaining in. Bore the opposition to death until they get annoyed and dive in or make a stupid rash mistake
Loool

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not suprising, Pep has never been entertaining in England. Implement a rigid structure and attack slowly, systematically and don’t take risks. Never dare to lose the ball.
Yup super boring scoring the most goals and conceding the least. Boring very

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yup super boring scoring the most goals and conceding the least. Boring very
Scoring doesn’t mean you are entertaining. Playing a rigid system that promotres constant recycling of the ball in safe areas isn’t entertaining.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
:facepalm:
You continue to compare the number of players while I compare the number of points dropped.
But hey I was clear you just refuse to see it.
I understand that. My point is one team dropped a significant number or points and one didn’t.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sexy through balls, intricate passing, amazing link up play.... maybe it’s you not them?

Slow, sideways football mostly. Too strict positioning, repeating the same moves all the time and a heavy reliance on cutbacks. Prefer watching Everton, Villa, United, Leeds, even Brighton. Not better, but much faster, more dynamic and more entertaining.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Slow, sideways football mostly. Too strict positioning, repeating the same moves all the time and a heavy reliance on cutbacks. Prefer watching Everton, Villa, United, Leeds, even Brighton. Not better, but much faster, more dynamic and more entertaining.
Enjoy

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Martial and Fred were not good on that corner coverage that led to the goal against. Maguire probably could have done better with the header, but he also assumes that his teammates aren't just gonna leave someone completely unmarked to run onto the ball like that.

Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And my point was that both teams dropped points because of injury, not just one.
Yes that’s usually what happens. Not exactly a hot take. And the more injures the more points dropped usually too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes that’s usually what happens. Not exactly a hot take. And the more injures the more points dropped usually too.
Then maybe you need to stop disputing when I say someone saying "without injuries, Liverpool would have 8 more points in the standings compared to City", it's beyond stupid because without injuries, City would have more too.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Poor so far. Not much quality on the ball. Bruno quiet. Will need Mata and Greenwood. Martial jogging into the box when Cavani would be in there like a race horse.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad