GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 24

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Newly promoted side with at absolute best the fourth worst roster in the division sitting just a game in hand outside of the top half? Clearly it's working alright
Which has f*** all to with obstinate tactical rigidity and in-game adjustments. Calling a manager tactically one-note is never a compliment.

I continue to laugh at this insistence on calling Leeds some pseudo-Championship side in order to worship at the altar of Bielsa with their transfer outlay. Leeds fans would have berated you out of the building to start the campaign, they were more than convinced of their quality. Their roster is better than the three bottom sides, plus Burnley, and I'd argue Palace and Newcastle too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was defending Meslier earlier on in the season, but absolutely unacceptable game from him. He still has loads of potential considering he's just twenty, but he's got a lot of learning to do with mistakes.

Also I found this game hilarious because one of the blokes scored a hattrick, but was still not the best player on the pitch which was #7 in red. Unbelievable game from him, wouldn't sell him for 150 million pounds currently.

Arsenal won and looked fantastic, but I am not sure I am very proud in the end. We switched off after the fourth goal in a big negative way. Leeds is a bad club, so them scoring their goals showed that we still have two huge weaknesses on this club that still need to be replaced; Luiz due to his mistake on the set piece for Leeds first goal and Bellerin who lost his man for their second goal. These two are the rubbish that needs to GTFO during the summer (I am judging this based on consistent mistakes from these two blokes).

Also Arteta was brutal in his discussion making tonight; no doubt he gets major props for the starting line up...but trying to defend a lead against Leeds by bunkering it down fell right into Bielsa's trap. Willian, Holding, and El Neny as subs is pathetic, to beat a club like Leeds you go out and try to score more considering how prone they are in mistakes and leaking goals. Rubbish tactics from him.

Also someone explain to me how the first challenge against Saka is not a penalty? Did Cooper get part of the ball? Because that's the only way you could explain how a partial sliding-clipping tackle and elbow to the face in the box is somehow not called. F*** off FA.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
They didn't even show the angle showing him clipping Saka's foot until after the ref left the monitor. If you're going to call them over at least show them all the available angles. They dissect offsides for 5 minutes but won't take 5 seconds for penalty decisions.

Reactions: S E P H

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Just love seeing Alonso play for Chilwell... No issue with Marcus as a reserve and spot starter...there is positively no way he should be starting more than Chili.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Kepa provides a lot of lolz but I hope he gets his career back on track. He's decent enough to play for some team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad