GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 23

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love TAA and I still think he's a generational prospect (especially if he stays at fullback), but defensively he has to be worse than Bellerin and Hector is absolutely brutal when trying to defend.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
First 20 minutes, way too much slow build up from the back followed by cross and pray. Lampard was criticized a lot this year for doing similar.

Jorginho has had a horrible start.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
First 20 minutes, way too much slow build up from the back followed by cross and pray. Lampard was criticized a lot this year for doing similar.

Jorginho has had a horrible start.
There is an obvious ceiling to a jorginho kovacic two man

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There is an obvious ceiling to a jorginho kovacic two man
Kovacic has been solid, Jorginho is playing one of the worst games I have ever seen from him so far. Giving the ball away constantly, getting caught up the field, not moving into open space, etc. Sub him off for Gilmour so we have someone more progressive out there.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Kovacic has been solid, Jorginho is playing one of the worst games I have ever seen from him so far. Giving the ball away constantly, getting caught up the field, not moving into open space, etc. Sub him off for Gilmour so we have someone more progressive out there.
Think we need two attacking mids more than two strikers

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kovacic putting in a good performance, really driving the ball forward.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Feel like Pulisic can play that exact positino Werner is playing but better. Werner needs to be either more central or they need a proper winger on. Also no idea why Jorginho is playing over Kante unless Kante isn't 100% right now.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
This brings up the thing I keep wondering about: even when things are right, how is Thiago supposed to work here?
I mean, if he’s not having to do the defending and can sit on the ball and cycle, it should work eventually. But now, he’s being asked to do more defending than he should. Put Henderson or Fabinho in the midfield, and they can do the dirty work and get him on the ball.

Reactions: Machinehead

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not a very impressive first half, and the worst part is it's boring.

Jorginho and James off for Gilmour and CHO please.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
That is about the clearest penalty both live and in review i’ve ever seen

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't believe they restarted play after that one before looking at it. Good they gave the penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad