GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 23

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ah, got it, they were awful because they lost. They are good when they win. And are average when they tie.

Can't have anything to do with the opponents obviously.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Even with Zaha, Palace is a completely middling team. The only reason on the balance that they aren't further down the table is that there a few astoundingly bad teams this season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So I looked up how much caffeine is in Dunkin coffee and I'm downing half a gram every single day just to go to work.

Should I be cycling next year?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They tied Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham and Leicester over the last 2 months.
I'd say they're not that easy to beat.
In their last 13 games, they have 4wins, 4 ties and 5 losses.
I'd say that's an under average team, not atrocious.
They drew Arsenal when we were playing relegation bad football FYI.

And yes Crystal Palace is a joke club with an absolute tombstone of a manager in charge. I respect and love the way Leeds play, but they would've been higher in the table except for some atrocious losses of their own as well. Their defensive line and some of their midfields are mid-table Championship level at best. They still have a lot to work.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You mean a promoted side has average or under average players?
No kidding?
This Leeds team should be fighting in the relegation zone if they were bunkering down like all promoted sides do.
In fact this Leeds team isn't much better than Fulham.
Palace has a way better roster.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You mean a promoted side has average or under average players?
No kidding?
This Leeds team should be fighting in the relegation zone if they were bunkering down like all promoted sides do.
In fact this Leeds team isn't much better than Fulham.
Palace has a way better roster.
I would actually argue Fulham has a better roster than Leeds, it is a lot more expensive for sure. Leeds just have a world class manager with attacking principles and some good players like Bamford and Raphinha ( made to look even better by Bielsa). Playing negative football, regardless of players, simply isn’t as long-term effective as positive, risk taking football.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Raphinha was always a very good player.
Bamford is Bielsa made.
Or rather, Bielsa gave him the confidence and the trust of everyone to fullfill his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad