GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 23

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Still good?
He's ok, but he's always had braindead moments. It's the double standard that bothers me, Tomori gets exiled to the stands and then sent out on loan for "concentration issues" but we let the same problems slide from veterans.

Reactions: Peen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's ok, but he's always had braindead moments. It's the double standard that bothers me, Tomori gets exiled to the stands and then sent out on loan for "concentration issues" but we let the same problems slide from veterans.
He’s bad you won’t win much with him being a staple at the back. Not sure about Tomori. Imo

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The reason he denied it live is because the side official (who was in a great position) thought that Werner ran into Ramsdale as opposed to the other way around. He thought Ramsdale came out and then stopped. Obviously better angles made it clear Ramsdale did more than that.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Wtf is DAZN Canada doing lmao

Watched the game live, they had Beglin and Drury on and it was great

On their very own YT channel, the highlights had Martin Tyler on

Glad the full game didn’t have Tyler, holy crap he takes the life out of big games, just retire already

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We all love Klopp but great players have bad years and he's having one. He's handled this as poorly as he possibly could have.

It's very difficult to put up with what he has and I'm not saying we don't come up empty anyway, but it would be nice going into the Champions League in nine days to have some idea of what our tactics are in a post-VvD world.

Instead, we've done a bunch of desperation patchwork and have gone nowhere but backwards. We've gotten, I would argue, even worse results, and are even more lost than when he got hurt as opposed to if we had just adjusted immediately.

In Klopp's defense, he had times this year when he literally ran out of CB's and didn't have the option to just play what he had, but it should have already started by now.

I know people have said you don't throw new CB's out there against City but could it have been any worse?

I feel he's persisted with the midfielders because he wants to keep right on with playing out from the back and we don't have the horses to do that right now. If we did, the rest of the players wouldn't be shifting around the pitch to compensate for it. We saw it with Alisson today.

Look, Alisson is the goalkeeper and he can't let that happen. But he's used to giving it to Virgil and it's gone. Fabinho and Henderson can certainly pass but they don't have the speed Virgil does. He can essentially play as a second midfielder with the ball and still get back without it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Leeds can hold on, they'll be in the first half of the table. After 60% of the season gone.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They tied Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham and Leicester over the last 2 months.
I'd say they're not that easy to beat.
In their last 13 games, they have 4wins, 4 ties and 5 losses.
I'd say that's an under average team, not atrocious.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They tied Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham and Leicester over the last 2 months.
I'd say they're not that easy to beat.
In their last 13 games, they have 4wins, 4 ties and 5 losses.
I'd say that's an under average team, not atrocious.

*Palace are just playing like an atrocious team.

Better?

They were awful today. Defending was poor and their attacking was a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->