GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 14

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I genuinely have no idea why you always talk about where team's supporters are from. You use 'we' to reference West Ham as someone from what I can only assume is Jersey. Does this really add anything to the discussion?
Because we all know why someone from Halifax would support Chelsea.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Those stats don’t say everything but they show little difference. West Ham however had a bunch of legendary players and a ” world cup win” and a lot more fans, so they were a bigger club.
We will just disagree. I saw this the other day. All time table. The one I attached is pre premiere league. Chelsea has spent a considerable more amount of time in the top level. Almost 800 more top level games played. To each their own though. I think they were pretty close pre premiere league even with what you mentioned.

1. Division » All-time league table (worldfootball.net)

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Unless you are from the UK and supporting a local club you have a connection with, let's drop this fan elitism about which club you support like you are better than people who support other clubs.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Unless you are from the UK and supporting a local club you have a connection with, let's drop this fan elitism about which club you support like you are better than people who support other clubs.
I agree. This topic is tiring and we have had this many times before. This is the end of it now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
:facepalm:

Havertz has been dreadful lately, but I'm sure you know that since you have been watching the games, right?

Not that I fault him, he's had an injury and missed a month with COVID where he was in rough shape apparently, he's out of sync and probably not fully fit.

It's amazing to read a post like this. It's like some of you don't learn. I heard the same story last year.

Put it this way, Havertz's average start to the season has been better than any stretch Mount has had at Chelsea, but Mount gets a spot every game without having to do anything productive aside from taking corners well.

Yes, Mount has been fantastic and has been playing as a box to box midfielder. I assume @Pavel Buchnevich thinks he's been playing as an attacking midfielder since he doesn't watch Chelsea games.

Keep repeating this rubbish when I say something that puts your coaches favoritism of Mount under question.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's amazing to read a post like this. It's like some of you don't learn. I heard the same story last year.

Put it this way, Havertz's average start to the season has been better than any stretch Mount has had at Chelsea, but Mount gets a spot every game without having to do anything productive aside from taking corners well.

Keep repeating this rubbish when I say something that puts your coaches favoritism of Mount under question.
This might be the absolute worst take I have read this season, and that is sure saying something. Imagine thinking Mount doesn't do anything productive, it's baffling that someone can hold this opinion.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
We will just disagree. I saw this the other day. All time table. The one I attached is pre premiere league. Chelsea has spent a considerable more amount of time in the top level. Almost 800 more top level games played. To each their own though. I think they were pretty close pre premiere league even with what you mentioned.

1. Division » All-time league table (worldfootball.net)

Very intresting table. But yeah West Ham were probably bigger even though the difference wasn’t massive.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Even if the only positive Mount brought was his corner delivery that'd be enough to nail him into the squad given that we can basically only score from corners right now lmao

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because when I was 10 Chelsea were the English team in the FIFA demo? I will own the fact that I got into Chelsea as a kid because they were a good team
There are obviously certain teams I like better than certain other teams, but I won’t hate on an American fan’s reasoning for picking a team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Havertz is a great talent but he's struggled to date and I assume you're talking about Mount who has played very well so far this season. Havertz is still getting plenty of minutes he'll get his chances.
But Mount has been very good this year? And Haverts is still having some growing pains. Don’t really see the issue with that at all, especially considering Mount hasn’t even been occupying the same space or position as Havertz.

This is the problem.

Havertz is held to a standard where he needs to live up to a 100M price tag right away, a level he quite frankly has never yet shown consistently, and because he's not able to do that yet, he's questioned and criticized every game. Meanwhile, Mount gets to run around, do nothing, take a few nice set pieces, flick his hair up and down, commit a foul after he's out of position, and Chelsea fans tell us how he's such a valuable midfielder. The level people say Havertz is struggling at is a higher level than the level some of you say Mount is playing very well at.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Mount is a better player than Havertz at the top level right now because he is much more physically mature, explosive and athletic. Havertz has very little muscle. Havertz might have a higher ceiling but Mount has been much better this season. Even last season, not sure Havertz was better. Mount is one of Chelseas best players, last season, and this season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This might be the absolute worst take I have read this season, and that is sure saying something. Imagine thinking Mount doesn't do anything productive, it's baffling that someone can hold this opinion.

Half of your fans hold the same opinion, but they must also not watch Chelsea play.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is the problem.

Havertz is held to a standard where he needs to live up to a 100M price tag right away, a level he quite frankly has never yet shown consistently, and because he's not able to do that yet, he's questioned and criticized every game. Meanwhile, Mount gets to run around, do nothing, take a few nice set pieces, flick his hair up and down, commit a foul after he's out of position, and Chelsea fans tell us how he's such a valuable midfielder. The level people say Havertz is struggling at is a higher level than the level some of you say Mount is playing very well at.
Do nothing...except be the best player on the team this season in key passes, crossing, tied for 2nd in assists, 2nd best midfielder in passing behind Kante, 2nd in successful dribbles behind Pulisic, 2nd in shot attempts behind Werner, 3rd in tackles behind Kante and James, and overall his pressing game both going forward and back-pressing have been outstanding.

That you don't watch the games and struggle so much to see the value in players outside of boxscore stats is incredible.

Half of your fans hold the same opinion, but they must also not watch Chelsea play.
Could you link me to this poll of all Chelsea fans?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mount is a better player than Havertz at the top level right now because he is much more physically mature, explosive and athletic. Havertz has very little muscle. Havertz might have a higher ceiling but Mount has been much better this season. Even last season, not sure Havertz was better. Mount is one of Chelseas best players, last season, and this season.

One of the best myths in football is that foreigners come to the Premier League not having the requisite strength to compete, but all the local players always have the needed requisite strength and can't be criticized.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One of the best myths in football is that foreigners come to the Premier League not having the requisite strength to compete, but all the local players always have the needed requisite strength and can't be criticized.

Why not believe the player himself on this issue?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That you don't watch the games and struggle so much to see the value in players outside of boxscore stats is incredible.

You've now been told this isn't true multiple times. It's upon you to accept that and adjust accordingly. If you don't want to argue in good faith, I don't need to read what you have to say. I will not hesitate to make it so I don't have to read your posts any longer.

Could you link me to this poll of all Chelsea fans?

More of your patented dishonesty. I guess you are living under a rock and don't read any replies to the tweets the club sends out.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Mount was criticised constantly last year for being weak on the ball, what in tarnation are you talking about

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Why not believe the player himself on this issue?

They were the ones that wanted to move. Why should I believe them? Of course they'll suck up to the local media.

It's always the Premier League fans that believe they are so superior to everyone else. It's never fans of any other league thats spouts the same. We've now heard this two years in row that accomplished players at a good level had to have an initiation period to suit faulty narratives from the British press. Meanwhile, local players are always very well adapted to the football, and never struggle with that. They are immune to criticism.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You've now been told this isn't true multiple times. It's upon you to accept that and adjust accordingly. If you don't want to argue in good faith, I don't need to read what you have to say. I will not hesitate to make it so I don't have to read your posts any longer.

More of your patented dishonesty. I guess you are living under a rock and don't read any replies to the tweets the club sends out.
Nothing dishonest, you just aren't credible and regularly say things that are untrue. Maybe actually respond to any of my valid points about statistics, Werner and Havertz comments about the PL, etc. that refute what you say instead of just accusing me of dishonesty and saying you'll ignore me?

"Replies to tweets" is in no way objective or a proper sample of all Chelsea fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad