PL Matchweek 9

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What are you talking about? Me saying I don´t think Spurs ending up top 4 this year is the delusional part? And what has that to do with Lanzini?

Not sure why anyone would take that so personal. I certainly don´t when people talk about Kane leaving. Lanzini being too good for a team losing 0-3 at home to Brighton isn´t exactly that controversial I would say. Even for a Spud.

Reactions: Big Kahuna

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Actually, what you originally said was you "can't wrap your head around" a player like Lanzini playing "for" West Ham, which is not the same thing.

At any rate, he's hardly been THE Lanzini we know he can be this season. Part of that is injury and part of it is playing under whatever "system" Slaven Bilic thinks he's implementing. There's no excuse for the aimlessness with the ball and lack of structure they've been playing with. There is a core squad there that can be effective and it's being wasted. Take it however you want, but this isn't an "0-3 at home to Brighton" team. Or it shouldn't be.

Your post smacked far more of a Spurs supporter having a go at West Ham than anything else, which is where the delusional Spuds fan comment came in. It's definitely a trait. Maybe it skips a supporter.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
.. is playing under whatever "system" Slaven Bilic thinks he's implementing. There's no excuse for the aimlessness with the ball and lack of structure they've been playing with.
It's been "pass the ball to Payet". Since his departure, there's no system (or at least i'm too stupid to see it), just really crap football without structure. It's embarrassing, at this rate, Championship's next.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They are a solid unit at the moment. Very impressive. Still early days, but Silva seems to be a special special talent as a manager.

Also Chelsea are zzzzzz. Funny how both Leicester and Chelsea overachieve to keep Spurs from the title for then to underachieve the year after (even if Chelsea obviously could still get it somewhat together this season).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Watford looking like a good team. Really impressed with Doucoure.

They are a solid unit at the moment. Very impressive. Still early days, but Silva seems to be a special special talent as a manager.

Also Chelsea are zzzzzz. Funny how both Leicester and Chelsea overachieve to keep Spurs from the title for then to underachieve the year after (even if Chelsea obviously could still get it somewhat together this season).
Chelsea definitely didn't overachieve last year, and they may be overachieving this year but they've had a ton of injuries and suspensions as well.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Had to happen I guess :D

Chelsea not overachieving? That team was "worthy" of scoring one of the highest points total ever in the PL? Not even close.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Had to happen I guess :D

Chelsea not overachieving? That team was "worthy" of scoring one of the highest points total ever in the PL? Not even close.
That isn't what you were arguing, don't move the goalposts. You claimed they overachieved and kept the title from Spurs, which is a joke. Tottenham finished 13 points behind them and was no more "worthy" of finishing ahead of them based on your standards now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hard fought win for Chelsea after looking pretty fragile earlier in the game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That isn't what you were arguing, don't move the goalposts. You claimed they overachieved and kept the title from Spurs, which is a joke. Tottenham finished 13 points behind them and was no more "worthy" of finishing ahead of them based on your standards now.

You are a man of big words I see :D

We’ll see how this season plays out, but if Chelsea don’t improve they will be clearly beaten by Spurs again. The joke as you so nicely put it is then that Chelsea will have one title in three seasons and Spurs zero even if they then would have been the better team over those three seasons. All academic of course.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

We’ll see how this season plays out, but if Chelsea don’t improve they will be clearly beaten by Spurs again. The joke as you so nicely put it is then that Chelsea will have one title in three seasons and Spurs zero even if they then would have been the better team over those three seasons. All academic of course.

Looks like Tottenham wants to compete with Liverpool for the Moral Victory title.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Tottenham finished 3rd in 15-16 with 70 points, behind both Arsenal (71) and Leicester (81). That you can sit here and claim that is a title worthy season is hilarious. Last year was their best year and closest they have ever been, but they were still only 2nd best. The only way Chelsea overachieved is because they were able to play their top 11 for almost all 38 games. Not having continental games and staying pretty healthy benefited them greatly, but the quality of the squad front to back was better than Tottenham.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Tottenham finished 3rd in 15-16 with 70 points, behind both Arsenal (71) and Leicester (81). That you can sit here and claim that is a title worthy season is hilarious. Last year was their best year and closest they have ever been, but they were still only 2nd best. The only way Chelsea overachieved is because they were able to play their top 11 for almost all 38 games. Not having continental games and staying pretty healthy benefited them greatly, but the quality of the squad front to back was better than Tottenham.

I´m not sure if you are serious. Talk about hyperbole.

I said "funny how" and you are treating it as if it was a deep analysis of the situation. The fact is that Spurs took far more points than any other team over those two seasons. I´m not complaining, but I still think it is "funny" that it lead to nothing for Spurs. If that is such a joke, hilarious etc. so be it.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
United have been shite this whole first half.

Huddersfield got Martial off his game early.

Turning point was the Jones injury. Lindelof has been hot garbage since coming on. The only player that's been as bad is Matic. Guy looks cooked. Only going to get more difficult to watch him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I´m not sure if you are serious. Talk about hyperbole.

I said "funny how" and you are treating it as if it was a deep analysis of the situation. The fact is that Spurs took far more points than any other team over those two seasons. I´m not complaining, but I still think it is "funny" that it lead to nothing for Spurs. If that is such a joke, hilarious etc. so be it.

This is your post that kicked off this conversation. Putting "funny how" in there doesn't give you an out for tossing out something that's untrue. It's great that you're backing away from it now or trying to claim you meant something else, but this is what you claimed.

No one denies that Spurs have been the most consistent team over the last few seasons though, they have that one locked down.

Reactions: Virtanen18

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United was hot garbage.

Should have had a pen, but still a disgraceful performance and they deserve to be down.

Martial is off his game and repeatedly trying to dribble into 3 players at once. Lukaku has zero service. Mata hasn’t created anything. Lingard is trash.

Just all around brutal.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
United was hot garbage.

Should have had a pen, but still a disgraceful performance and they deserve to be down.

Martial is off his game and repeatedly trying to dribble into 3 players at once. Lukaku has zero service. Mata hasn’t created anything. Lingard is trash.

Just all around brutal.
Though his form hasn't been great lately, Mkhitaryan needs to come into this game. Lingaard sucks. Baffles my mind that he is still employed by a supposedly top club in United.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad