Blow this team up already!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
In a matter of fact, almost nobody cares about the postseason though.

Um, everyone in hockey cares.

My boy Auston scoring 60 in the regular season is much more important than some pointless postseason success.

Please tell me you are trolling and I'm too tired to grasp that.

We should have a different league system such as soccer's

f*** soccer.

not this stupid luck in a couple of games.

Only losers think it is luck.

Lou signed a 38 year old Patrick Marleau to 6 million a year for 3 years, and that was 7 years ago.

He definitely chose the wrong vet to mentor the kids.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
When you crown entitled kids as the kings of the city this is what you get. Say what you want about Babs, but he was the only person with Lou who tried to keep them on line.

Dubler Dubas and his soft aproach caused even more problems. Sheldon was castrated and couldn't send a message to players, because Dubas didn't allow him to do so. Now it's too late for him to change his ways.

The real problem and main villain is Shanahan. He decided to promote Dubas and dump Lou. Lou was a dinosaur, but it was too early to fire him. His work establishing a great team culture wasn't ready yet.

Leafs main problem is that they're player orientainted not team orientainted. Think of Florida, Boston, Canes or Vegas. It's is always about the TEAM, not a single player. You never hear that anybody to say that Slavin or Aho / Eichel or Theodore need to carry the team. Like you hear every day how Matthews needs to do x, z and y.

Fire Shanahan, Treveling and Co. Hire someone with huge balls that will buyout Nylander, dump captain silent to the moon and trade Marner to Utah. Spend next two years to clean this mess and try to find and draft players who will create and build a team culture where it's all about the Maple Leafs and nothing more. If Matthews won't want to be part of that then trade him.

What happened to the culture with NYI? They should hire Lou.

Their great team culture is leading them to a sweep...

Buyout Nylander? This post makes absolutely no sense, and that is putting it nicely.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 3.28.02 PM.png

There is the cap hit against Toronto until the 2040

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Why does Zach Hyman have as many goals as our entire team this playoffs?

When does one of our stars actually pop off and carry this team? In every run no one has done better than... 14 points in 11 games? That's pretty trash.

But we've got 8.5M Drai dropping 2PPG injured. Similarly compensated McD dropped record breaking numbers. 5.5M Hyman dropped 2GPG? Marner needs to get in the game REALLY f***ING SOON or he can walk out the door for nothing next summer. I have already come to terms with the fact I don't want JT back at league min.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
This is an insanely bad take... he was part of the best pairing in the playoffs last year and was 11th in scoring during the regular season.

He has a terrible D playing beside him and is still putting up a GF% of 100% and xGF% of 68% on that pairing.

If you're second pair D is putting up those numbers, you should be doing pretty well.

Ghost is a great PP QB, sign someone like him, but not being the best PP player doesn't mean you aren't a #1.

Rielly is an average #1, he is likely in the 15-20 range for all D, your take is bad.

Would love to see your list of ~60 D that are better.
Dmen who are below average defensively and can’t run a PP aren’t even top pairing material forget #1 dmen. Check any cup contender and he doesn’t play on their top pair because he can’t defend well enough and lacks a physical edge.

I was hoping "Playoff Reilly" was going to be a thing....but it looks like it was more Vasi not seeing those shots from the blueline last year than it was Reilly stepping up and becoming a real difference maker in the playoffs.
Unfortunately that was the case. It was a mirage and he’s done nothing this series.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Dmen who are below average defensively and can’t run a PP aren’t even top pairing material forget #1 dmen. Check any cup contender and he doesn’t play on their top pair because he can’t defend well enough and lacks a physical edge.

Can you name 60 D better? That is what "not even top pairing" means.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
What is this?

Some context here:

I am not a teenager.

I am not fickle.

I like things that you don't like.

______

I like Rielly. He's a good player.
This takes nothing away from Matthews.

I like the color red.
I do not like the color orange.

You're going to have to deal with that.
Thanks for the context. I’ve changed my mind about Rielly now.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
if the Leafs sign the 'right' defenders this off season, they will win the Presidents next year.
they need at least 2, if not 3 of the 'good' ufa defenders, but, there are a bunch this off season.

In Net can be another factor though depending on what Treliving decides to do.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Why does Zach Hyman have as many goals as our entire team this playoffs?

When does one of our stars actually pop off and carry this team? In every run no one has done better than... 14 points in 11 games? That's pretty trash.

But we've got 8.5M Drai dropping 2PPG injured. Similarly compensated McD dropped record breaking numbers. 5.5M Hyman dropped 2GPG? Marner needs to get in the game REALLY f***ING SOON or he can walk out the door for nothing next summer. I have already come to terms with the fact I don't want JT back at league min.
its almost as though people dont consider the competition when they make these comparisons.
LA started great, then the team went to poop and became a defensive disaster with questionable goaltending, while Toronto gets stuck with either the best goalie n the League Vassy, the hottest goalie the past 2 years in Bob, and now we are up against the best tandem in hockey vs the best defensive team...
If the Leafs played in the West like the Oilers, they would be shooting the lights out.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Thanks for the context. I’ve changed my mind about Rielly now.
The thread is about blowing up the team. Not is Rielly a number 1 D theme. Or can Matthews score goals. All I am saying is that it's hard to get behind a lot of these players due to their playoff futility. Rielly I can cheer for. Many other leafs not so.much.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No idea if he's an upgrade or whatever, but it's nice knowing Craig Berube is still available. I'd be surprised if he isn't hired by June.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The rumohr is berube will go to philly while torts moves to some role in the front office

Johnston or Friedman (I forget which one) said Berube wants to wait until the off-season and it's rumoured the Leafs have talked to him.

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
This thread will age well.

Dumb thread.

Blow it out your ass already

Embarrassing. Sky has fallen in Leafs nation and there are threads on the main boards about trading Marner, Matthews wanting out, stripping Tavares of the C, and firing Keefe.

1 game in.

This thread will end up rivalling the "Matthews is the most overpaid star" and "This team is not serious" threads.
I think this thread is going to age like a fine wine, gentlemen. Hope you guys will be just as vocal when the inevitable occurs in the coming days.

Enough with excuses and the bullshit. Blow this joke of a team into unrecognizable pieces. Start over. This rebuild is a complete failure. It sucks, but it is what it is. Stop clinging to this core and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad