Southampton - West Brom

Sunday 22 October

Everton - Arsenal

Tottenham - Liverpool

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can’t watch this weekend. Play nice while I’m gone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Really hope Poch learned a lesson from his last game against Pool.
I think the way he plays and being at Wembley is going to really favour Liverpool's style but we'll see. Kane is in ridiculous form right now, though Liverpool's defence always seems to play better against teams that actively try to play. I'm optimistic; we seem to do well against Spurs. Would like to see this:

Gomez - Matip - Lovren - Robertson
Henderson
Milner - Wijnaldum
Salah - Firmino - Coutinho​

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think the way he plays and being at Wembley is going to really favour Liverpool's style but we'll see. Kane is in ridiculous form right now, though Liverpool's defence always seems to play better against teams that actively try to play. I'm optimistic; we seem to do well against Spurs. Would like to see this:

Gomez - Matip - Lovren - Robertson
Henderson
Milner - Wijnaldum
Salah - Firmino - Coutinho​

Wijnaldum and Robertson out. Can and Moreno in.

Wijnaldum shouldn’t play on the road, and Klopp probably isn’t dropping Moreno right now. Rest looks about right. I would start AOC instead of Wijnaldum, but it will probably be Can again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wijnaldum and Robertson out. Can and Moreno in.

Wijnaldum shouldn’t play on the road, and Klopp probably isn’t dropping Moreno right now. Rest looks about right. I would start AOC instead of Wijnaldum, but it will probably be Can again.
Why shouldn't Wijnaldum play on the road? He was one of our best players in all of our big games last season; on the road or otherwise. I think you're confusing his all around play with his goal scoring record. Can is a liability, and Wijnaldum is a big part of what makes this team tick against top opposition. He should never be dropped in these kinds of games.

It sucks that we'll have to wait for Moreno's defensive ability to be exploited before replacing him with a better player. His form has been really overstated this season. He's been good, but it looks better than it is because it's being compared to how bad he used to be. Oh well. Hopefully if Can and Moreno start it doesn't cost us points.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why shouldn't Wijnaldum play on the road? He was one of our best players in all of our big games last season; on the road or otherwise. I think you're confusing his all around play with his goal scoring record. Can is a liability, and Wijnaldum is a big part of what makes this team tick against top opposition. He should never be dropped in these kinds of games.

It sucks that we'll have to wait for Moreno's defensive ability to be exploited before replacing him with a better player. His form has been really overstated this season. He's been good, but it looks better than it is because it's being compared to how bad he used to be. Oh well. Hopefully if Can and Moreno start it doesn't cost us points.

Wijnaldum is not good on the road. The numbers and statistics speak for themselves here. He is good at home but he shouldn’t start on the road. This season he has been invisible away from home. Think you may be a bit biased on him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think you need to check your stats. I want the best team on the field for Liverpool; if that didn't include Wijnaldum I'd be fine with that but as long as we're carrying Can that's not the case.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
And what would that be; from your perspective?
Not playing a heavy possession style with a slow build-up. Liverpool were in quite the rut at that time playing poorly against teams playing defensive football. But Poch is very bull-headed. Probably the worst game I've seen from the Wanyama-Dembele pairing. Mane tore Dier and Davies apart off the counter. The offensive four weren't tracking back enough either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think you need to check your stats. I want the best team on the field for Liverpool; if that didn't include Wijnaldum I'd be fine with that but as long as we're carrying Can that's not the case.

Probably. As I said I would start AOC, but Klopp is going to start Can one way or the other.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not playing a heavy possession style with a slow build-up. Liverpool were in quite the rut at that time playing poorly against teams playing defensive football. But Poch is very bull-headed. Probably the worst game I've seen from the Wanyama-Dembele pairing. Mane tore Dier and Davies apart off the counter. The offensive four weren't tracking back enough either.

Shame that Mane isn’t healthy. Tottenham really has the better team this weekend. I would have been happy with a draw, but Liverpool really need 3; that being said I don’t think they will get it.
Unfortunately I can’t even watch. Going away for the anniversary with Mrs. Savant. I tried to suggest a Sunday brunch spot that was showing the game but she was too smart for me.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Few things make me chuckle as much as seeing West Ham suck hard.

And it easily could have been 3 nil as well. Joe Hart had to make a great save a little while earlier.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Just can’t get my head around a player like Lanzini playing for West Ham.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I guess being able to pass the ball doesn’t count for much in that WH team.

I would be happy for him to stay at WH. But normally players with his ability just don’t. I didn’t know him from his SA days, but strange career path considering how talented he is.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I guess being able to pass the ball doesn’t count for much in that WH team.

I would be happy for him to stay at WH. But normally players with his ability just don’t. I didn’t know him from his SA days, but strange career path considering how talented he is.

Because there's not enough clubs like Man United, Liverpool and Man City.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->