GWT: PL Matchweek 8

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn't say teams should only counter with one player. You just have this crazy idea that apparently City should/would be dropping points on a regular basis if teams didn't "submit" to them and roll-over. You come in here every week and talk about how easy it should be to take points from City as if they aren't one of the best teams in the world.
I didn’t say City would be dropping points on a regular basis. And I didn’t say it would be easy. I did say parking doesn’t work; which it doesn’t.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not really. It was expecting a player from a vastly inferior league to start for the majority of the better clubs in the top league.
Exactly. Newcastle could have bought a player from Belgium, Holland, etc. with a similar record in one of those leagues for less money and probably gotten a better performance. MLS often gets overrated for how low the quality actually is.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As if he could do something with this side. :laugh:

There's still a significant difference between the talent level on the pitch and the performance.

They're certainly not one of the most talented sides in the league, but they're struggling to generate even a single chance against Newcastle, AZ, Rochdale, etc.

Is there a single player on the roster that Ole has performing at their expected level, much less above it?

Reactions: Gecklund

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
There's still a significant difference between the talent level on the pitch and the performance.

They're certainly not one of the most talented sides in the league, but they're struggling to generate even a single chance against Newcastle, AZ, Rochdale, etc.

Is there a single player on the roster that Ole has performing at their expected level, much less above it?
James, McTominay, Maguire, AWB

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Ole is the manager the whole season, they're getting 45-50 points max.
They will be lucky to get that if Rashford/Martial get injured for a significant amount of time and don't bring anyone else in. They cant score. They made a mistake not bringing in someone after selling Lukaku.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He could do more than Ole. In his defense though, 3 of our starting backline is missing, our far and away best creative midfield, and starting striker are injured.

But still, the average squad they've started this year is likely around the 7-9th best on raw talent and they're 1 point above the relegation zone after 8 games.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is actually shaping up to be one of the more random seasons in recent memory and I'm all for it!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not that it'll matter since United could have 40 added minutes and not score, but 4 minutes is hilariously short given the slow pace of restarts and number of stops.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Crazy how much money United has put into this squad only for it to be this poor. They are one of the richest clubs but they have basically become a trust fund for all the other clubs to milk. The more desperate they are and the more they are willing to overpay for some quick fixes.

What a dumpster fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad