GWT: PL Matchweek 8

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not that it'll matter since United could have 40 added minutes and not score, but 4 minutes is hilariously short given the slow pace of restarts and number of stops.
Do you really want to subject the fans to more of this torture?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Crazy how much money United has put into this squad only for it to be this poor. They are one of the richest clubs but they have basically become a trust fund for all the other clubs to milk. The more desperate they are and the more they overpay for some quick fixes.

That's what happens when you've got a guy who knows nothing about football making the personnel decisions.

A new manager could turn this from 'ridiculously embarrassing' to 'mediocre' but as long as they don't have a real football person crafting a strategy they'll never return to what they should be.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Manchester United trying to put up a good fight against Tottenham in terms of being the biggest banter club in football.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The idea that Carrol doesn't know exactly where he is and what he's doing is absurd. He peaks over, seems him coming, and then puts his elbow up.
McTominay shoved him first, come on with this. Carrol put his arm up to shoo him away.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also LOL at blowing the final whistle after that FK and not allowing the corner. As I said, it wouldn't matter, but the absolute incompetence of officials at managing stoppage time always astounds me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There's a clear difference between reaching out with your hand to make contact and extending your elbow. Carrol knew exactly what he was doing.
Except that isn't what happened. His whole arm was extended, it's not like he tucked his arm in and just extended his elbow.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Carrol's arm extended at McTominay first:
WLaTCVC.png

Carrol's whole arm extended across McTominay, accidentally connects with the elbow:
85oRP51.png

The reverse angle they showed with the ManU player in front of them doesn't do it justice and makes it look much worse, because all you can see is the elbow and his head until the hit.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Next matches:

If Brighton & Aston Villa draw
If Liverpool beats Manchester United (away win)
If Everton beats West Ham (home win)
If Southampton beats Wolverhampton (away win)
If Newcastle beats Chelsea (away win)

Man Utd drops to relegation zone

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
9 goals in 8 matches isn’t good enough.

it isn’t Ole’s fault, but he’s not good enough of a manager to overcome what is a mediocre squad. Put Pep or Klopp in charge and you’d see players getting better. Who arguably is better? Pogba for a few matches last season? That’s just as much his trying to stick it to Jose. Everyone can crap on Jose, and he did make the room ticked off at him, but he can manage circles around what they’ve got right now. Dinosaur or no.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Since the start of last season through 46 games City has been defeated six times while Liverpool has been defeated only once.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'm in a mood
Emery sucks, and emeryball is atrocious to watch.
The disrespect showed to Ozil
negative football
playing for a draw against mid table clubs (lucky for the goal today)
xhaka continued to be trotted out
suspect substitutions
crappy formation
GTFO anytime now you dracula looking mother f*****

Reactions: AB13 and Cassano

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Forgot to add that there is no way you can have Pochettino make it past US Thanksgiving. He's been given so many chances, but he's played his cards perfectly when he concludes there in this position since he hasn't been able to buy anyone due to the stadium expansion deal.

Wowowow. Might be a dive but a dumb play.
It's a very very very weak pen, but it is a pen IMO, Leicester shooting themselves after managing to come back.
I dislike deadpool, but I thought that was a penalty as well. There was enough physical contact on Mane, but we can also laugh at him for the two step delayed reaction and him following towards his left when he got hit on the back of the right leg. Stupid play by the LC player, but no Oscars for Mane either.

Please give Xhaka a yellow so he's suspended next game
Like what the ****? I thought it was three straight games where you get a yellow and you're suspended the next, no? I swear he's gotten yellows in three games in a row. He deserved a yellow for a tackle today and got through the game without one....effin' miracle.
Very encouraging performance from David Luiz. 1 goal conceded in 3 games. Getting back our 2 starting fullbacks after international break and our best player. Things finally looking up?
Even though Luiz has succumbed to two penalties, he has been night and day different to Sokratis. I get the reason why BVB solid him, but he was solid last season even with his inconsistent games. This season though he has been defending as a chicken running around with no head. I see absolutely zero logic in some of the ultra aggressive moves he makes at times - once again today against Bournemouth had at least four of them - where you question how stupid a person can be.

Pepe would have gotten a penalty if he played for Liverpool, Spurs or United.

I originally thought it was a penalty, I was like "how the eff do you not call that? Even with VAR no reversing it.". However, based on the replays the defender got a touch on the ball before bringing down Pepe.

Not sure how we only had one goal in the first half, it should've been at least three due to how bad Bournemouth was. Second half Arsenal were the dreadful side, but we got the win and that's all that matters.
The disrespect showed to Ozil
Not disagreeing, but honest question what respect does Ozil deserve?

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Just watched the Chelsea match

Have to say that Willian had a good performance

However, I can't wait until Rudi is back.

Reactions: Blender

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Someone tag me when Stray Wasp posts a match report plz

Alas, I have to work about 9,000 hours before I head off on my colonial holiday this Wednesday, so I may not be able to function long enough to compose anything coherent.

For now, this will have to do:

Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff
Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff Longstaff
Longstaff Longstaff.

Ashley out. Longstaff.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
To be fair a bunch of people on here thought United had arguably the 2nd best team on paper in the PL prior to last season and were posting their record with OGS after every other game (not just United fans either). I thought this team’s lack of quality has been obvious for a bit and that Mourinho overperformed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->