GWT: PL Matchweek 8

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll never feel bad for any historically successful team doing bad. That's like feeling bad for the Wall St guy that lost money on a bad deal.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I'll never feel bad for any historically successful team doing bad. That's like feeling bad for the Wall St guy that lost money on a bad deal.

It's especially unnecessary when certain historically successful teams are hell-bent on rigging the finances of European football in perpetuity to make it harder for them to fall on genuinely hard times.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
EG8Qge0WwAEuJkK

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Probably Maguire over Matip as well.

Alisson vs de Gea is really the only other debatable, but I think Alisson’s distribution fits Liverpool’s style better than De Gea’s shot stopping.
I wouldn’t take Maguire over any of Liverpool’s defenders. Would rather play Wijnaldum at CB tbh.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m not loving this narrative that Liverpool are automatic to go over United. Old Trafford has not been a great fixture for Liverpool and this is one of the two games a season United show up for. This isn’t going to be a cakewalk. Still think Liverpool will win, but it’s going to be cagey.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not loving this narrative that Liverpool are automatic to go over United. Old Trafford has not been a great fixture for Liverpool and this is one of the two games a season United show up for. This isn’t going to be a cakewalk. Still think Liverpool will win, but it’s going to be cagey.

Yeah but the last few seasons we've had managers who have actually had some tactical nous. Klopp should pick apart OGS pretty easily imo, especially with this rag tag roster we have.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah but the last few seasons we've had managers who have actually had some tactical nous. Klopp should pick apart OGS pretty easily imo, especially with this rag tag roster we have.
That’s what we said last season. First game after an international break. I’m not buying it. Last year they went to old Trafford and played for 0-0. I certainly hope we don’t get that again. There was no urgency in that fixture whatsoever.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That’s what we said last season. First game after an international break. I’m not buying it. Last year they went to old Trafford and played for 0-0. I certainly hope we don’t get that again. There was no urgency in that fixture whatsoever.

Even if Mou isn't the manager he used to be he's exponentially better than OGS. Especially at getting results.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Even if Mou isn't the manager he used to be he's exponentially better than OGS. Especially at getting results.
OGS was managing that fixture last season. Jose only managed the Anfield fixture. It’s about the venue though. Not the manager

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
OGS was managing that fixture last season. Jose only managed the Anfield fixture. It’s about the venue though. Not the manager

And the Liverpool game last year was during the honeymoon period. I mean the guys should be up for this game and I hope they play well, but I think you guys will just run us over.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The Mourinho game against Liverpool was when United was played off the pitch and it got Jose fired.

The OGS game was the one where United came into the game with a couple injuries and had to make 2 injury subs within the first 30 minutes and played basically the entire second half with 10.5 men because Rashford couldn’t run due to a knock he picked up. United were just trying to grind out a draw given everything going on.

This time there will be a lot of pressure on them not to just grind out a 0-0 draw and I predict it’ll backfire spectacularly.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The Mourinho game against Liverpool was when United was played off the pitch and it got Jose fired.

The OGS game was the one where United came into the game with a couple injuries and had to make 2 injury subs within the first 30 minutes and played basically the entire second half with 10.5 men because Rashford couldn’t run due to a knock he picked up. United were just trying to grind out a draw given everything going on.

This time there will be a lot of pressure on them not to just grind out a 0-0 draw and I predict it’ll backfire spectacularly.
True, but if they were playing City it would be the only way to win. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Cassano

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Injury-wise, the match at OT last season was one of the most bizarre things I've witnessed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad