GWT: PL Matchweek 36

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Damn, your titles hopes are dependent on Leicester?

I've said it all along, I hope Liverpool wins the league, but that ain't overly promising.

Brendan has em' playing some pretty nice stuff, but I almost feel like you need to sh**-house City to beat them if you're a lesser side. A classic 2015-16 Leicester performance would be more ideal tactically speaking, imo.

Guess we'll find out.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Damn, your titles hopes are dependent on Leicester?

I've said it all along, I hope Liverpool wins the league, but that ain't overly promising.

Brendan has em' playing some pretty nice stuff, but I almost feel like you need to sh**-house City to beat them if you're a lesser side. A classic 2015-16 Leicester performance would be more ideal tactically speaking, imo.

Guess we'll find out.

Teams have been trying to shit-house City all season to the tune of 92 points.

Leicester will play football against them.

Granted, I don't feel good about that, but I feel better about it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Teams have been trying to ****-house City all season to the tune of 92 points.

Man City have been beating teams that play football against them as well. I don't get why there's a need to try and discredit what they're achieving.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Love arsenal.
zixxka9y60v21.png

f*** this shit. Even if we win Europa league, this season has been horrible. We aren't playing a positive style of football.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Teams have been trying to ****-house City all season to the tune of 92 points.

Teams suck at it. No offense to English sides, but they're not overly adept at sh**-housing, or at least not the type I'm speaking of. I don't mean bunkering the whole game like Burnley and awaiting the inevitable.

Pep's teams are designed to destroy teams that come at them. If you want to try just because Spurs and Liverpool provided a "blueprint", go ahead. Their pressing game is amongst the very best in Europe and they have a ton of talent. I don't think Leicester has the quality to do it.

Maybe it was a poor choice of words, but like I said, I'd feel more comfortable with a Ranieri-esque 2015-16 gameplan than I would Rodgers' attempt at champagne football.

You attempt to play open expansive football, and 9 times outta 10 you'll get murdered by City. Go re-watch Arsenal's attempts under Wenger.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Man City have been beating teams that play football against them as well. I don't get why there's a need to try and discredit what they're achieving.
Nobody is trying to discredit them. Just stating facts. If you come out and try to 0-0 City, you've already lost. They have too many weapons.

They've been shut out twice all season and one of those was Liverpool on a missed penalty.

To point out that they have 92 points isn't to suggest that they shouldn't. It's to suggest that the conventional way of approaching them hasn't at all been effective.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Teams suck at it. No offense to English sides, but they're not overly adept at sh**-housing, or at least not the type I'm speaking of. I don't mean bunkering the whole game like Burnley and awaiting the inevitable.

Pep's teams are designed to destroy teams that come at them. If you want to try just because Spurs and Liverpool provided a "blueprint", go ahead. Their pressing game is amongst the very best in Europe and they have a ton of talent. I don't think Leicester has the quality to do it.

Maybe it was a poor choice of words, but like I said, I'd feel more comfortable with a Ranieri-esque 2015-16 gameplan than I would Rodgers' attempt at champagne football.

You attempt to play open expansive football, and 9 times outta 10 you'll get murdered by City. Go re-watch Arsenal's attempts under Wenger.
There's a middle ground between expansive football and putting 11 corpses behind the bus and praying.

City are going to score goals. Money back guarantee. Ergo, you need goals to get a result.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Crystal Palace have done it. They scored three at Anfield and three at the Ethiad.

It can be done. It needs to be done. Nobody is clean-sheeting Manchester City.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
That Newcastle game is going to be a ***** to get 3 points.

Almiron is gone for the season, and yesterday Perez limped off hurt. If Rondon finds himself supported by Atsu and a Kenedy who's been awful the entire season long he's going to struggle to register a shot, much less a goal.

A post-Champions League hangover is likely to be Liverpool's greatest danger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad