Leicester / Arsenal

Burnley / Man City

Man United / Chelsea

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Was supposed to go to Anfield today for the first time. Anyway. Hopefully not too much controversy today.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Was supposed to go to Anfield today for the first time. Anyway. Hopefully not too much controversy today.
Why aren't you going? Great experience when I went and Liverpool itself was actually a lot of fun. Leaving aside the fact that I only understood every fourth word.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why aren't you going? Great experience when I went and Liverpool itself was actually a lot of fun. Leaving aside the fact that I only understood every fourth word.
Kind of a long story, but my local supporters club is officially tied into LFC. Twice a year we have an open window to request seats to Anfield, and if approved we get them at face value. I picked this game (back in October when the window for 2019 game tickets was open) because it's my birthday weekend. My company got a new director of sales (I am in tech sales) at some point after that, and he basically banned traveling in months that are at the end of a quarter (Jan. Apr. July. Oct.), so I had to give up my seats. Leaving at the last week at the end of the quarter would have been close to suicide

I was also in a lottery to go to CL Semi-Final Leg 2 at Anfield where we got 10 tickets but my name was picked 11th so it's been bad luck. I am 99% going in September or November next season, but it's a bummer I can't see this version of the team live.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Firmino is out today. There were some rumors it's a bad injury that happened in training, but the severity is not confirmed yet.

Oxlade Chamberlain is in the 18 today though. One year after his injury

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino is out today. There were some rumors it's a bad injury that happened in training, but the severity is not confirmed yet.

Oxlade Chamberlain is in the 18 today though. One year after his injury
giphy.gif

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sturridge and Lovren starting too.

Sturridge being in makes me really nervous this is a bad injury. If the goal is to play Sturridge into form. Dear lord they need more forwards.

Perfect image choice @YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm generally very optimistic, but if Firmino is out for the season I just don't see how Liverpool can win the CL, and the title is already a longshot, though the quality of competition means they could still squeak it out.

I really hope something like this, and seeing what happened when Salah went down in the final, encourages them to really get at least one more elite forward. Memphis, Pepe, whoever -- there's no way Liverpool's style can continue without burning out that front 3 with how much they're relied on.

Reactions: Savant

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's a small injury per Klopp. I don't think he'll miss the game Wednesday. I think people should take into account the possibility they are going to focus on winning the CL.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
pls no serious Firmino injury

today
go up 3-0 against the worst team in the league
put in Ox second half
Ox goal in front of the Kop

would be great

i am working from home today. coincidence? you decide.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's a small injury per Klopp. I don't think he'll miss the game Wednesday. I think people should take into account the possibility they are going to focus on winning the CL.
It's the right approach anyway, given winning the PL is out of their hands.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also, look who they're playing today. If they can't win that game without Firmino we have a serious problem.
The only thing that scares me is how lost they looked against Porto in the first half when we were 'resting' Firmino. Literally just playing hoofball and getting absolutely cut open. Porto is a better team but it's still worrying; the build up play seems almost non-existent without him.

Edited to fix my memory.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only thing that scares me is how lost they looked against Southampton (? I think) in the first half when we were 'resting' Firmino. Literally just playing hoofball and getting absolutely cut open. Southampton is a better team but it's still worrying; the build up play seems almost non-existent without him.

Porto and that was more because of Origi and a bad tactical decision to put him out wide. Sturridge can actually participate in building play up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Teams bowing out to Pool.
Literally giving them the ball!

Look what has happened since the goal though. I’d bet Huddersfield have more corners today than they had total in their last game against City. And that was before they were relegated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad