GWT: PL Matchweek 36

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If I'm the United board I'd laugh De Gea right out of my office for his increased salary demands after seeing his form for the past few weeks.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s clearly a mental thing with De Gea.

He’s still making the occasional crazy good save, but he’s bungled so many long shots lately.

That first shot is a save that any keeper in the championship should easily make, and if they can’t catch it, it would be punched well clear not spilled 6 meters out.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I'm saying that for example Young's recent form wouldn't normally allow much playing time but because there's no competition for him in that position, he gets to play. United have three forwards and they play mostly two at the same time. It's the manager's decision who he wants to play in each game.
So Romero is not starting because... erh... because...?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I missed the first goal. Lukaku did really well on that one and is having a good match. From what I've seen this season I can't see him being sold unless a big offer comes in. Lukaku is Lukaku, but unless they can get a World Class player I think they keep him. I would think Solskjaer would love Cavani and United might do well to get him, but I think Lukaku is still needed.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
*raises hand in the back meekly*

It could have still been a possibility a couple weeks ago, but not now. Just too many **** ups since I first brought it up.

It wasn't a possibility a couple of weeks ago though. Atleti would never do that deal when you suggested it. Swap a keeper who has been excellent for you and you just renewed for your former keeper who flirted with your biggest rival? It just wasn't a possibility.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It’s clearly a mental thing with De Gea.

He’s still making the occasional crazy good save, but he’s bungled so many long shots lately.

That first shot is a save that any keeper in the championship should easily make, and if they can’t catch it, it would be punched well clear not spilled 6 meters out.

Gary Neville commented that De Gea badly needs a summer away from football to clear his mind.

A poster at the biggest Finnish footie forum said that maybe De Gea should consider testing his eye sight since he's been having issues with long shots lately. Issues with long range vision?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I missed the first goal. Lukaku did really well on that one and is having a good match. From what I've seen this season I can't see him being sold unless a big offer comes in. Lukaku is Lukaku, but unless they can get a World Class player I think they keep him. I would think Solskjaer would love Cavani and United might do well to get him, but I think Lukaku is still needed.

Rashford still lacks that decision making and clinical play in the opposing box to be a true #1 striker. His of the ball attacking runs are crazy good, but he often runs out of ideas once that pass comes if there’s no a clear path to goal.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
If I’m Chelsea I’m taking a ton of shots from everywhere. Just put it on target.

This is it. It's not entirely a mental thing, I don't think. Players have realized that the trick to beating De Gea is to shoot when he's not fully expecting it, because his crazy saves come from his really good starting stance. Catch him off guard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad