GWT: PL Matchweek 36

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I know there are new rules coming for handballs, but I missed the part when they removed red cards from the game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Lukaku has no energy left. Only way Utd score is with something from Pogba. Good change if you ask me.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
De Gea... Would have been a huge win for United. Anyway, Madrid can go and splash the cash on Pogba and Hazard and bring back Kovacic while they're at it.

My stream is Sky Sports feed and Gary Neville mentioned long before the sub that Rashford was having issues with his groin. He was limping when he came off.

Not the same broadcast.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal dropping all the points to Leicester turned out to not be that damaging, but we lost a good chance to really improve our chances. St. Totteringham’s Day is looking very unlikely.

Next week will be interesting. If Palace gets a result against Cardiff on Saturday, Brighton will essentially be safe and have nothing to play for on Sunday. Still, it’s sandwiched between Europa, which has to take priority now. Luckily, Chelsea plays a much better squad between its Europa legs.

United’s form in April has been ghastly but they get a cushiony end, facing two teams that will probably be already relegated.

Tottenham’s lack of depth could come back to bite next matchweek, with a tough road fixture against Bournemouth coming between their UCL legs.

Long story short, this is a cluster.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Higuain is garbo
Yea I really hope Higuain and Kovacic aren't brought back. Both have been dreadful.

Assuming the transfer ban doesn't kick in this summer due to appeals and we can still buy, I also want Jorginho, Alonso, and Willian gone as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I turned the game off as soon as Arsenal conceded the first goal because I knew we lost it right then and there and Emery would then push everyone else up the pitch resulting in being score on a couple more times. FML.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Cheers De Gea, Chelsea never looked like scoring. Good first half performance then the mistake came at the worst time. United looked knackered in the 2nd half.

How is Rojo a professional footballer? He's shit. Lukaku was good then tired like everyone, great pass for Mata's goal. Herrera straight back in with a good game after injury.

Subs didn't really make sense, needed a goal not ball allergic Alexis and another midfielder in McTom. Martial hasn't been great but at least he has pace and a bit of energy. Pereira can hit one too.

Solskjaer might've been sending a message to Lingard (not on bench) and Martial. Probably should do it with De Gea too.

Reactions: les Habs

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal dropping all the points to Leicester turned out to not be that damaging, but we lost a good chance to really improve our chances. St. Totteringham’s Day is looking very unlikely.

Next week will be interesting. If Palace gets a result against Cardiff on Saturday, Brighton will essentially be safe and have nothing to play for on Sunday. Still, it’s sandwiched between Europa, which has to take priority now. Luckily, Chelsea plays a much better squad between its Europa legs.

United’s form in April has been ghastly but they get a cushiony end, facing two teams that will probably be already relegated.

Tottenham’s lack of depth could come back to bite next matchweek, with a tough road fixture against Bournemouth coming between their UCL legs.

Long story short, this is a cluster.

Emery is probably going all out for the Europa title. I don't see Arsenal winning the remaining games.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
How he going to beat Valencia + Chelsea/Frankfurt when he can't beat Palace at home?
Win at home and hold on for dear life away like they did against Napoli. They've already beaten Chelsea before so I'm not worried about them.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Chelsea, United and Arsenal are just bleh.

All 3 need to be rebuilt... properly for once. You ain't catching City/Liverpool by simply opening the checkbook, those days are over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad