GWT: PL Matchweek 36

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Rashford still lacks that decision making and clinical play in the opposing box to be a true #1 striker. His of the ball attacking runs are crazy good, but he often runs out of ideas once that pass comes if there’s no a clear path to goal.

Well there's that too. He's already made a couple of bad plays in the final third and I missed the first 20 minutes or so.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It wasn't a possibility a couple of weeks ago though. Atleti would never do that deal when you suggested it. Swap a keeper who has been excellent for you and you just renewed for your former keeper who flirted with your biggest rival? It just wasn't a possibility.
Point taken.

I just don't see what De Gea's game is here. He's lowering his value on a week by week basis. No one is going to want him at the wage increase he wants. What top club would even need a keeper at the moment?

Barca? Nah.
Atletico? See your post.
Madrid? Would they move on from Courtois already? Never know with Zidane coming back.

PSG? Maybe. But the whole environment there is toxic.

Bayern? Nah. Neuer is still the guy there until he retires. They'll just buy the next Neuer from within Germany whenever he retires.

I see Juventus as the most likely possibility. Is the interest there?

Can't see De Gea staying in England. Even then, the top flight teams are set in goal.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Rashford still lacks that decision making and clinical play in the opposing box to be a true #1 striker. His of the ball attacking runs are crazy good, but he often runs out of ideas once that pass comes if there’s no a clear path to goal.
This is what's limiting his upside as an out and out striker. Of the two, I think Martial is the better center forward/striker, and Rashford the better winger.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Point taken.

I just don't see what De Gea's game is here. He's lowering his value on a week by week basis. No one is going to want him at the wage increase he wants. What top club would even need a keeper at the moment?

Barca? Nah.
Atletico? See your post.
Madrid? Would they move on from Courtois already? Never know with Zidane coming back.

PSG? Maybe. But the whole environment there is toxic.

Bayern? Nah. Neuer is still the guy there until he retires. They'll just buy the next Neuer from within Germany whenever he retires.

I see Juventus as the most likely possibility. Is the interest there?

Can't see De Gea staying in England. Even then, the top flight teams are set in goal.

Rumor out of Madrid is that Zidane is going to go with Navas and that Courtois could be on the block. Not sure if that helps De Gea at all though. PSG seems the most likely option, but would they shell out for him consdering they'll bring in other players.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Rumor out of Madrid is that Zidane is going to go with Navas and that Courtois could be on the block. Not sure if that helps De Gea at all though. PSG seems the most likely option, but would they shell out for him consdering they'll bring in other players.
The issue I see with a sale to PSG is that PSG would have to clear out a lot more money to meet FFP requirements. Who would they be able to sell to make a bid that it would take to land De Gea?

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Modern advertising works in subtle ways. Some of the ads make me want to drink irresponsibly. Can't really put the finger down on which ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad