GWT: PL Matchweek 33 & 34

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Between both domestic leagues and the Europa league Bruno has scored 10 penalties in 35 games this season. Reminiscent of Pogba last season. I guess Pogba needs to stay fit first but if he does I wonder who will get to take them next season. Poor Rashford has no chance now.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Between both domestic leagues and the Europa league Bruno has scored 10 penalties in 35 games this season. Reminiscent of Pogba last season. I guess Pogba needs to stay fit first but if he does I wonder who will get to take them next season. Poor Rashford has no chance now.
Pogba shouldn't take penalties, certainly not over Bruno

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I only see it as being City and Liverpool tbh. Who would the fourth team be?
I think he's talking about United and Chelsea.

I don't think United can do it with that backline and a de Gea who is declining, and I think that Chelsea will have the same issue (backline and keeper). They'll both be offensively very good though. If things swing their way they should be up there. I also believe City to be the favourites for next season as I don't really think that the type of consistency that Liverpool had this season and last is sustainable in the same way that City's system allows them to flat track almost every team. I think those two could be neck and neck next season and United/Chelsea will be on the cusp.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
^ Chelsea would need to invest over 100M into their backline and goaltending, probably get an upgraded CM to Kovacic who's inconsistent (I dunno why they're selling Jorginho), and get a manager that can coach a defence because Lampard can't.

No way can they do all that by next year, very inconsistent team. I would trust United's consistency a bit more but I don't see them beating Man City or Liverpool.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
^ Chelsea would need to invest over 100M into their backline and goaltending, probably get an upgraded CM to Kovacic who's inconsistent (I dunno why they're selling Jorginho), and get a manager that can coach a defence because Lampard can't.

No way can they do all that by next year, very inconsistent team. I would trust United's consistency a bit more but I don't see them beating Man City or Liverpool.
Huh?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Former ref Dermot Gallagher on the pen decision yesterday:

From Jon Moss's view, I can understand why he gave it, but from the replay view I can tell you clearly that it is not a penalty. All I can tell you is they talk about the clear and obvious errors, the high-bar intervention. Jon Moss would have fed back to the VAR what he had seen, the VAR would look at the images and take on board what Jon Moss has told him and on that occasion he [Graham Scott] thought it was not enough to intervene and therefore he stood by the on-field decision.
I think it was an error, but a genuine error.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Former ref Dermot Gallagher on the pen decision yesterday:

From Jon Moss's view, I can understand why he gave it, but from the replay view I can tell you clearly that it is not a penalty. All I can tell you is they talk about the clear and obvious errors, the high-bar intervention. Jon Moss would have fed back to the VAR what he had seen, the VAR would look at the images and take on board what Jon Moss has told him and on that occasion he [Graham Scott] thought it was not enough to intervene and therefore he stood by the on-field decision.
I think it was an error, but a genuine error.

I'm not sure what a "genuine error" means in this case.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad