GWT: PL Matchweek 33 & 34

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Where a team finishes largely has to do with what the other teams in the table also do. Some of the teams down the table could potentially get a lot better and not be a free six points.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I definitely don’t think we’ll see the same gap next season as the previous few. It could be a dogfight at the top. I still think City and Liverpool will be the favourites to finish 1-2 but United and Chelsea certainly could get into that if they can carry over this form and improve in key areas (Chelsea more based on their new arrivals than form and how they could adjust).

Reactions: koyvoo and Aladyyn

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Where a team finishes largely has to do with what the other teams in the table also do. Some of the teams down the table could potentially get a lot better and not be a free six points.
I don't know. COVID and its impact on the market may widen the gap if anything.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
If they were smart, they'd cut their losses and can him end of the campaign. That was an exceptionally awful performance today.

They should but they are already paying Poch an absurd amount of money on top of what they'd owe Jose plus what they'd have to pay the new manager. Just a terrible hire from the beginning.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They should but they are already paying Poch an absurd amount of money on top of what they'd owe Jose plus what they'd have to pay the new manager. Just a terrible hire from the beginning.
Take in they refused to pay Dybala agent for image rights and instead used that money to pay out Pochettino and sign Mourinho.

you love to see it.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Still think there's a big gap between Liverpool and City and the rest. I'd expect them both to be 90-95+ point teams next year while the others are going to be lucky to hit 70 this year meaning they have a lot of catching up to do. If City have their CL ban upheld they only have one thing to focus on and fresher players. I'd be surprised if anyone was within 10 points of whoever finishes second.

Reactions: koyvoo

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

He's making the case for best January transfer in PL history.

When he was signed United had 34 points through 24 games (1.42/game). Since then they've taken 24 points from 10 games. (2.4/game, 91 point season pace)

Top 4 was basically out, and they were in a dog fight for 5th to get a CL place if the City ban was upheld. Now they're 1 point back of 4th and 2 back of 3rd and based on form they've got a good chance to overtake both of those teams.

(Edit: to be clear I'm talking about impact on *current* season only. VVD obviously has had a bigger impact, but that wasn't till the next season really.)

Reactions: Aladyyn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad