GWT: PL Matchweek 33 & 34

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Terrible penalty call, per usual for fat Moss. He's awful.

Greenwood is a stud. I've been leading the "don't get too excited he's converting every chance he gets" brigade but f***. I'm excited.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Greenwood is just so good at creating that yard of space to take a shot and his shooting is immaculate. He’s going to score a lot.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Greenwood :D Martial did well in the buildup. Not a great performance but I'll take it. Obviously not a pen. Not sure how Moss still gets PL games.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Read more carefully, I plead with you. I said ankle STEP, which is unambiguously what it is, given that he stepped on the ankle.
You're right, read that wrong. Sorry.

I don't want to to go down the semantic rabbit hole, but I can't recall a red card that didn't qualify as a stamp. But, really not an important tangent to pursue.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
You're right, read that wrong. Sorry.

I don't want to to go down the semantic rabbit hole, but I can't recall a red card that didn't qualify as a stamp. But, really not an important tangent to pursue.

All good, and agreed. My point wasn't that Fernandes should've had a red, I was trying to underscore the absurdity of the call.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sancho is better than Greenwood who is better than Foden. Then a lot of the rest of those kids don't play enough yet to know one way or another.
I think Jones is up there as well. Still early but England has an incredible crop coming. Guys like Elliott and CHO have the tools/talent to throw their hats in to name a few (I really like Madueke).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Jones is up there as well. Still early but England has an incredible crop coming. Guys like Elliott and CHO have the tools/talent to throw their hats in to name a few (I really like Madueke).

I think Jones is as good as them but first he needs to play more, which is going to be very difficult given competition for that position at our club.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maguire arm across the body a way bigger penalty shout than the Bruno one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->