GWT: PL Matchweek 26 - Zack Snyder Extended Cut

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
At least that no-goal is the right call based on how the rules are currently (even though VAR isn't capable of that degree of accuracy, which has been an issue all season).

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I have no opinion on the proposed 10cm margin of error, but does that not mean players are allowed to score from offside positions?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That was pretty brutal defense by Shaw though. Not really sure I understand having him be the third member of a back three with williams on the outside of him.

He needs Mourinho next to him.

So poor by Shaw.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I have no opinion on the proposed 10cm margin of error, but does that not mean players are allowed to score from offside positions?
There is talk about a margin of error because the current technology isn't good enough for the mm precision they are currently using. So there is a lot of discretion in the system currently based on which frame the VAR official decides to stop the footage on.

Reactions: kyle evs48

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Based on the shot they showed pretty much his entire foot was offside, which isn’t particularly close.
Prior to VAR, that's not a goal where public would be upset about, that's my point. There are many more egregious examples pre-VAR that we can point to for why VAR was introduced.

It's the same thing in hockey with offside review, or football with pass interference.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Well. Where does an arm begin etc?

The current system doesn't work either. If they want it to be correct they would need sensors on the body and on the ball. Knowing where body parts are exactly when the ball leaves the player passing the ball.

Reactions: kyle evs48

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That was pretty brutal defense by Shaw though. Not really sure I understand having him be the third member of a back three with williams on the outside of him.
It's so painfully obvious that AWB is a great fit as an outside CB in a 3 back formation. His skillset is literally perfect for it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Prior to VAR, that's not a goal where public would be upset about, that's my point. There are many more egregious examples pre-VAR that we can point to for why VAR was introduced.

It's the same thing in hockey with offside review, or football with pass interference.

I don’t disagree that no one was upset at it, but that’s actually the exact type thing they wanted VAR to fix.

It’s a clear an obvious error in that he’s obviously offside.

It’s not a case of being millimeters off or a frame issue.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t disagree that no one was upset at it, but that’s actually the exact type thing they wanted VAR to fix.

It’s a clear an obvious error in that he’s obviously offside.

It’s not a case of being millimeters off or a frame issue.
We probably just disagree on that being clear and obvious, and that's exactly where the issue is, just like pass interference in NFL.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, I have no issue with the second goal being called back. The first one is silly. Some other offside goals have been silly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, I have no issue with the second goal being called back. The first one is silly. Some other offside goals have been silly.
It’s not the worst but definitely not some thing you’d like to see. The worst was the spurs one I think the “knee hairs offside” or was it Norwich vs LFC. Can’t remember.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What a collapse by Chelsea. They're going to let Mourinho and Utd* back into CL next season.

*Utd as in Sheffield Utd.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What a collapse by Chelsea. They're going to let Mourinho and Utd* back into CL next season.

*Utd as in Sheffield Utd.
Young team with new manager starts hot and then runs out of gas
Tale as old as time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad