GWT: PL Matchweek 26 - Zack Snyder Extended Cut

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The issue with Bailly has never been ability (at least outside a small stretch at the beginning of last year) it's been injuries.

*If* he could stay healthy he has the ability to be a top tier PL defender, but that's a massive if.

Honestly its a shame what happened to him. He's a great defender and excellent on the ball one of the very few fun defenders to watch. Miss him in la liga.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Honestly its a shame what happened to him. He's a great defender and excellent on the ball one of the very few fun defenders to watch. Miss him in la liga.
His first season at United was the most fun I’ve had watching a defender in awhile. He was all over the place and reckless enough to be unplayable at times. But clearly that recklessness hasn’t helped with his injuries.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well. As AB13 always says Son is a cheat, diver etc. so we cannot know for sure the arm is broken or if he is just faking it.

He is probably faking injury to avoid playing for Tottenham, but that is a reasonable way of thinking.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ah, I see. Yeah, Eriksen had a hard time playing in that team. By the way, do you know if Mourinho is a good coach with whom the players can play?

Hate to admit, but Mourinho is a brilliant big game tactician and a great short term coach, there are not many coaches in world football who are better at organising the defence or getting the players fully commited to working for him. I don’t think he is one for a long term job though, as his excess pragmatism and defensive style with emphasis on hard work tends to lead to the players growing completely tired of his methods after a while and Mourinho eventually losing the dressing room.

His pragmatism isn’t sustainable for many seasons, it is no coincidence that his teams tend to fall apart completely in season 3 or around that time. If his previous career is anything to go buy he will probably have a solid end to this season, and a very succesfull second season, before completely falling apart in season three and probably leaving the team with a long rebuild.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Hate to admit, but Mourinho is a brilliant big game tactician and a great short term coach, there are not many coaches in world football who are better at organising the defence or getting the players fully commited to working for him. I don’t think he is one for a long term job though, as his excess pragmatism and defensive style with emphasis on hard work tends to lead to the players growing completely tired of his methods after a while and Mourinho eventually losing the dressing room.

His pragmatism isn’t sustainable for many seasons, it is no coincidence that his teams tend to fall apart completely in season 3 or around that time. If his previous career is anything to go buy he will probably have a solid end to this season, and a very succesfull second season, before completely falling apart in season three and probably leaving the team with a long rebuild.

That's unfortunate. I wonder if the Spurs can find a replacement for him after a season or two.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That's unfortunate. I wonder if the Spurs can find a replacement for him after a season or two.

You should be happy with him, your most important players are ageing and he is almost the ideal manager in world football at winning titles in the short term, something Tottenham are constantly ridiculed for never winning. Him being at Sp*rs scares me as someone who hates them with a passion.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
You should be happy with him, your most important players are ageing and he is almost the ideal manager in world football at winning titles in the short term, something Tottenham are constantly ridiculed for never winning. Him being at Sp*rs scares me as someone who hates them with a passion.

Well, at least, the team is improving slightly. Too bad Kane is injured, though. He seems to be the main striker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->