GWT: PL Matchweek 26 - Zack Snyder Extended Cut

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Tammy, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, and basically Kante were out injured. This is exactly what you'd expect.

I wouldn't call it a train wreck, that would be if this was our actual ideal starting 11. And the refs were beyond awful in this game. Harry should've been off early in the game.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tammy, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, and basically Kante were out injured. This is exactly what you'd expect.

I wouldn't call it a train wreck, that would be if this was our actual ideal starting 11.
Kante will be back for LFC, because of course.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I wouldn't call it a train wreck, that would be if this was our actual ideal starting 11.
Playing Bats over Giroud does not make sense

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I wouldn't call it a train wreck, that would be if this was our actual ideal starting 11. And the refs were beyond awful in this game. Harry should've been off early in the game.

And United are without Rashford, Pogba and McTominay. All key players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Missing a bunch of starting quality players and embarrassing officiating = trainwreck. :laugh:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

I agree it is not a train wreck, but I would see those injuries and raise you with all the mess Spurs have had (even if right now it is OK in terms of injuries).

Pretty sure Chelsea will wake up again. Beat Spurs, win another and it looks more than decent again.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Utd are decimated too though. Rashford, McTominay and Pogba are key for them.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Haven't been this angry at the refereeing of a game since this exact fixture in 2012.

Also, is there a different rule re: blowing whistle at an injury for keepers? Because it wasn't a head injury and Chelsea still had possession, so Anthony Taylor blowing the whistle seemed like a load of f***ing horseshit to me.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If a popular member of the English national team is involved in a controversial situation, the referees and VAR will always, without exeption, be there to protect the English ”good lad”.

Reactions: Cassano

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Maguire not even looking at the camera and looking down when offering that weakass defense haha.

He was just trying to hold up Batshuyai

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Haven't been this angry at the refereeing of a game since this exact fixture in 2012.

Also, is there a different rule re: blowing whistle at an injury for keepers? Because it wasn't a head injury and Chelsea still had possession, so Anthony Taylor blowing the whistle seemed like a load of ****ing horse**** to me.

It’s based on if they determine it’s a serious injury or not.

Head usually means serious, but not always. And non-head can be serious.

I agree that an injury like de geas isn’t usually blown dead if it’s an outfield player, but no one wants to see a goal go in while the keeper is rolling in the ground from something that occurred 30 seconds prior. If Chelsea had been actively in the box, he may have kept it going, but given that it got recycled and they were setting up for the second chance, it was a good time to blow it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Wow just saw the kick by Maguire! No red card!?

With VAR?!? That is textbook red card. How could that be possible. All the referees on the field and the VAR need to be investigated. That is the worst decision this year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Also, is there a different rule re: blowing whistle at an injury for keepers? Because it wasn't a head injury and Chelsea still had possession, so Anthony Taylor blowing the whistle seemed like a load of ****ing horse**** to me.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
That is textbook red card. How could that be possible. All the referees on the field and the VAR need to be investigated. That is the worst decision this year.
it's baffling
I am [was?] a proponent of VAR but with what's happening this year [does a weekend's worth of fixtures go by without a VAR controversy?] I'd rather have no replay at all...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The only good thing about VAR is that when it disappears fans and pundits will accept that refs make mistakes.

In my opinion VAR came around because pundits spent so much time complaining about decisions. It became a spiral impossible to get out of. Refs have always been talked about, but not like they have the last 5-10 years.

Yeah - I know VAR won´t go away, but I like to be the naive optimist at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->