GWT: PL Matchweek 24

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hats off to Wolves they played great. This is just how things go when you are playing the 16 point up on second championship favourites.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
After the second half display:
Wolves deserved 3 points from this match, got 0, Liverpool deserved 0 points, got 3 points....

That's how the cookie crumbles....

giphy.gif

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So a draw would have been fair?
I don't think anyone would have complained about a draw but Liverpool were still the better team over the 90 and had more chances overall. Still, if Wolverhampton took advantage of their opportunities they could have got something out of the game assuming Liverpool still missed theirs.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think anyone would have complained about a draw but Liverpool were still the better team over the 90 and had more chances overall. Still, if Wolverhampton took advantage of their opportunities they could have got something out of the game assuming Liverpool still missed theirs.
I think Wolves has been the hardest opponent to play against this year. The 2 games this year have given plenty of problem to LFC and "luck" and composure prevented LFC to drop any pts.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Somehow I find it funny that Manchester United fans are pissed off that LFC won. Wolves would have taken their spot in the table with a win.:sarcasm:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Wolves has been the hardest opponent to play against this year. The 2 games this year have given plenty of problem to LFC and "luck" and composure prevented LFC to drop any pts.

It was pretty nice that most of the games haven't been butthole clenchers like this one. The team clearly needs to be rotated and none of these players should play again until Wednesday.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Somehow I find it funny that Manchester United fans are pissed off that LFC won. Wolves would have taken their spot in the table with a win.:sarcasm:

I don't think he's a United fan, I think he's a City "fan"

Either way the majority of United fans here aren't upset. It's very hard to be upset when you're dead inside.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep...they have a style that works well to exploit the space behind the wingbacks and the structure to make use of it with their outside in play. The main problem with exploiting what I would consider one of Liverpool's few 'weaknesses' is that you need to commit heavily to it and even then you have one of the best keepers and best defences in the world to compete with if everything goes right (which is difficult given the industry and conviction of the midfield and sometimes forwards to defending), once you've committed it just leaves so much space to counter-attack into and Liverpool have been drilled so hard on their transition game they usually end up generating an even better scoring chance at the other end if yours doesn't work out. Very much playing with fire.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Feel free to laugh

Nothing to laugh at really. They played well and with a decent amount of luck would have won.

I thought Liverpool should have seen them off in the first half, but I wasn’t surprised they eventually scored. Fabinho coming into the game settled things down in the middle, forced them to go out wide for lesser efficient opportunities more frequently.

This was only the third or fourth game in this run where it felt like we could lose. The Villa away was one of them and so was Newcastle away last season. Then I think possibly Chelsea away and that’s it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wolves are the 2nd best team in the league. Thank god for a healthy Fabinho. Praying for Mane.
9 wins or 27 points. On to the next one

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also, luck is when Mane gets hurt against a team when he’s almost literally never hurt. If he doesn’t get hurt, with the chances Liverpool were getting it could easily have been a three goal lead in no time at all.

Reactions: BrokenFace

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wolves are the 2nd best team in the league. Thank god for a healthy Fabinho. Praying for Mane.
9 wins or 27 points. On to the next one

Aside from beating up on City, they've won 1 PL game against a team above 16th place and that was against (currently) 9th place Southampton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad