GWT: PL Matchweek 23

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Should have seen them off by now. Some bad luck with the post and all that, but they've looked very vulnerable at the back. Salah and Mane have not had good games.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No one is arguing any of that.

Klopp elevates a lot of these guys, that's how you end up going undefeated. It's interesting to me how depending on the context of the conversation Klopp is either one of main components or completely irrelevant to the equation.

He's obviously the main component, but players deserve a lot of credit as well. After all, Klopp isn't going out there and kicking the ball for them.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This is one of the worst opinions literally ever posted here. It obviously matters how much stamina a player has and can be defined as a trait that some players are better at than others. It's also not like we're talking about an otherwise bad player.

Of course it matters. But you're trying to make it sound like he's special at having stamina. Plenty of players have stamina. Might as well call players special for just being able to run fast or be really strong.

And your Ox take is pretty horrible. How many goals has he had?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
At least make it believable on your next board.

I can tell you my name in private if you want to Google me to make sure I am telling the truth. Just tell me you want to know and I will make sure. I have lived in the states during my childhood, and want to go back, but I am not sure about the standard of football.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You can ask Barcelona and Bayern fans/players what they think of some of that. Because they saw some of those things were very clearly true. World class is doing those things consistently against the strongest teams that they play, which those players do. There's very little need for argument.
Hustle is a talent

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's a crazy idea: a team winning an a rate previously unseen in the history of the sport might have a good manager AND good players!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Of course it matters. But you're trying to make it sound like he's special at having stamina. Plenty of players have stamina. Might as well call players special for just being able to run fast or be really strong.

And your Ox take is pretty horrible. How many goals has he had?

5 this season and he's barely played.

Imagine watching this and thinking he isn't world class at shooting from distance.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
With the amount of time he spends on this board, he's probably the back-up keeper at best. Which explains why he thinks keepers never get injured. Well of course they don't when you don't play.

I am a central midfielder, MR 73 000 posts. You should never tell someone they spend too much time here.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Pretty safe to say Liverpool has the title locked up. It would take an historic collapse.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Why are Liverpool celebrating like they've won the league? It basically is done and dusted, but still only January.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It's pretty crazy how far Fred has come in the last few months. He's been consistently great for most of the season at this point.

Reactions: Venkman

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Dude, I've been here since the beginning. It's been almost 18 years.

73 000 posts is a much larger average per year than my 1600 in 1 year. But it is a pointless thing to argue about anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad