GWT: PL Matchweek 21

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Adams and Davies has worked well so far....

Granted I guess neither of those were big money.
Both of those guys are young and obviously have a big ceiling to improve, no problem buying those types of players. Get them out of the MLS early while you can still build them up. Almiron was 24 when they bought him and paid way more than Adams and Davies went for.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Choudhury trying to top Maddison's goal from distance with one of his own. Beautiful goal.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’ll concede Almiron hasn’t been great, but I’m not sure anyone should be judged for playing well or not under the soccer genius of Steve Bruce. Maybe under Rafa he’s having a different career.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Some massive points gained today. Southampton, Watford, Villa, dang.

Watford is much better than shown, they just haven’t been able to finish

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I’ll concede Almiron hasn’t been great, but I’m not sure anyone should be judged for playing well or not under the soccer genius of Steve Bruce. Maybe under Rafa he’s having a different career.
It's not like he's not getting on the ball or generating chances, the problem is he has no end product at all at this level. Both his decision making and his ability just isn't good enough in the box to be an attacking player in the EPL, He had almost 50 shot attempts before scoring his first goal for Newcastle a few weeks back. He does bring a lot of pace and physical ability out there, but in no way should be deployed in an attacking role if you hope to score goals.

Joelinton is probably the guy most suffering from Steve Bruce, since he barely touches the ball. He's been a huge bust, but I'd be willing to go a bit easier on him since he only gets like 2 touches a game it seems.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Arsenal could find themselves in a relegation scrap. Especially when you consider they should lose today, and their next three matches are tough.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's not like he's not getting on the ball or generating chances, the problem is he has no end product at all at this level. Both his decision making and his ability just isn't good enough in the box to be an attacking player in the EPL, He had almost 50 shot attempts before scoring his first goal for Newcastle a few weeks back. He does bring a lot of pace and physical ability out there, but in no way should be deployed in an attacking role if you hope to score goals.

Joelinton is probably the guy most suffering from Steve Bruce, since he barely touches the ball. He's been a huge bust, but I'd be willing to go a bit easier on him since he only gets like 2 touches a game it seems.
Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s not doing well. But between getting hurt at the end of last season and getting a manager who basically plays park the bus football, I don’t know if he’s quite getting the best shot.

it’s also not like the money they spent on him is crazy in today’s market. 21 million pounds? That gets you a lot less than it used to.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If anyone questioned whether otamendi was down or not pep is playing with 3 at the back two of which are midfielders and the other is an 18 year old.

speaking of Garcia he has been solid at the back.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s not doing well. But between getting hurt at the end of last season and getting a manager who basically plays park the bus football, I don’t know if he’s quite getting the best shot.

it’s also not like the money they spent on him is crazy in today’s market. 21 million pounds? That gets you a lot less than it used to.
They sold Perez for £30 million and bought Almiron for £21 million to fill pretty much the same role. Perez is a significantly better player.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal v. United could get ugly for Arsenal with United's proficiency on the counter.
Don't worry, we're not expecting much. Funny for United though, they bring in a striker and offensive coach and are resulted to be a counterattacking team. Better than whatever Spurs are doing though, they looked very beatable the past three to four EPL matches.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Don't worry, we're not expecting much. Funny for United though, they bring in a striker and offensive coach and are resulted to be a counterattacking team. Better than whatever Spurs are doing though, they looked very beatable the past three to four EPL matches.
Are you trying to imply United are not an offensive team?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are you trying to imply United are not an offensive team?
Well, they don't have a striker so yes. Rashford and James are great players, but are more notably wingers of the future.
I thought it was good money. But most of us felt it was fair. He can play, and no one held his desire to get playing time against him. It was good business all around.
That's fair.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad