GWT: PL Matchweek 18

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
- Broke Andre Gomes leg
- Constant diving, complaining to the refs and being a malicious character
- Now has 4 red cards since last year

But somehow, Son Heung Min is a likable person?

Come on Donald.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I hope people have same energy they did for Italian fans in Serie A as this...

fans should be banned for a month. Collective punishment that hurts the good fans and the pockets of the team, the end result is the eradication of that racist behaviour.

- Broke Andre Gomes leg
- Constant diving, complaining to the refs and being a malicious character
- Now has 4 red cards since last year

But somehow, Son Heung Min is a likable person?

the first one is obviously an accident.
Mister football genius.

Boris Johnson's Engerland

no politics.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I hope Spurs fans are as quick to condemn this as they were to jump on Chelsea when those supporters made some racist chants in the underground a few years back.

No place for this kind of behavior in society.

I hope you condemned the Chelsea fan as quickly as you are expecting Spursfans to now.

I never expected the general Spursfan to be any better or worse than the average Chelseafan, Arsenalfan etc. or vice versa.

Idiots among all fanbases. Not saying that to defend what seemed to have happened in London today. I hope they find the people chanting and that they are never allowed in to the stadium ever again.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I hope you condemned the Chelsea fan as quickly as you are expecting Spursfans to now.

I never expected the general Spursfan to be any better or worse than the average Chelseafan, Arsenalfan etc. or vice versa.

Idiots among all fanbases. Not saying that to defend what seemed to have happened in London today. I hope they find the people chanting and that they are never allowed in to the stadium ever again.
Of course I did, but I'm not pinning the blame on all Spurs fans or the organization overall for this one like many Spurs fans were doing during that incident.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
no politics.

It all starts at the top I mean...I genuinely don't know what else to say about this. We see that in all countries that have racist leadership that people start airing out their garbage far more because they feel emboldened to. This is why Serie A is the way it is, why people in Russia act this way over football, why those guys in Utah were telling Westbrook bullshit, etc.

Reactions: Blender and Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It all starts at the top I mean...I genuinely don't know what else to say about this. We see that in all countries that have racist leadership that people start airing out their garbage far more because they feel emboldened to. This is why Serie A is the way it is, why people in Russia act this way over football, why those guys in Utah were telling Westbrook bull****, etc.
Oh I agree I’m just teasing. Since no politics on here and they closed the political forum. Smh

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Could be worse for spurs, they could issue a statement that makes them neutral to racism/genocide. Oh wait.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It all starts at the top I mean...I genuinely don't know what else to say about this. We see that in all countries that have racist leadership that people start airing out their garbage far more because they feel emboldened to. This is why Serie A is the way it is, why people in Russia act this way over football, why those guys in Utah were telling Westbrook bull****, etc.

It doesn´t make things any better, but who are reaching the top?

Racism is widespread in Europe (not only Europe of course - South Africa is on another level etc.). I am actually more surprised that these episodes aren´t more common in football.

Just the sad truth in my opinion.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I am interested to see what happens to Spurs now that the new manager bounce is gone. Because I for one am convinced that their squad needed reinforcements and since Mou took over they've already lost three times.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Wasn´t much of a bounce in the first place. Never deserved to win 4 in 5. The same way today´s game was just odd. If you give away two goals in the PL you usually lose. Add a red card etc.

Not that that explains the very poor start to the game. On their heels from the first second.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah, it's unfortunate that racism just started after that moron became PM...

This is a disgusting incident and hopefully those supporters are identified and banned for life. Trying to turn it into political point scoring on such a flimsy premise is stupid.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They need to start making teams play with no one in the stadium to try to stop this. In terms of the match, Chelsea completely dominated them. Jorginho barely played too.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
the first one is obviously an accident.
Mister football genius.
It was an incredibly dangerous tackle, breaking his leg was not his intention of course but if you tackle someone as recklessly as that, you always risk a horrific injury to your opponent.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, it's unfortunate that racism just started after that moron became PM...

This is a disgusting incident and hopefully those supporters are identified and banned for life. Trying to turn it into political point scoring on such a flimsy premise is stupid.
That wasn't what he even said. It's absolutely true that countries with leaders who feed into that kind of behavior embolden people to act on them, because their leaders are sending the message that it's acceptable to think and act that way. No one was claiming that the underlying racism wasn't there to begin with, of course it is.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That wasn't what he even said. It's absolutely true that countries with leaders who feed into that kind of behavior embolden people to act on them, because their leaders are sending the message that it's acceptable to think and act that way. No one was claiming that the underlying racism wasn't there to begin with, of course it is.

Everyone should know that this behavior coming out in the public more frequently absolutely does start at the top. I don't know why people don't understand this. It is absolutely related to that as people take their Muslim, Jew, and racial minority hating into the stadium with them. People who think these things don't just leave them at the door. But now that someone who sympathizes with them leads the country they do think they can get away with it. How many times do we have to see news stories where people repeat Trump's racist rhetoric towards other people before we understand that?

Now, as that relates to racism in English stadiums. It is only going to happen more until this sort of cancer is removed from society. This is only the second recent incident of note, but there are going to be quite a few more. I don't think anyone except the racists are very pleased with this either. For the record there is absolutely nothing wrong with point scoring against racists who make monkey chants, because they are unforgivably wrong and can never be right. That was not my intention though.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And don´t get me wrong. If it was three incidents the game should have been stopped.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad