Bournemouth X Burnley
Brighton X Sheffield Utd
Newcastle X Crystal Palace
Norwich X Wolverhampton
Man City X Leicester

Sunday 22 December
Watford X Man Utd
Tottenham X Chelsea

West Ham X Liverpool rescheduled due to CWC Final. No make up date has been announced yet.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Huge game for Spurs (and Chelsea for that matter). Probably not looked forward to a game as much as this one since the CL final. Obviously Spurs could easily lose this one, but unlike when we played City etc. I think the team is ready to give Chelsea a proper game. That was not really the case against the best teams earlier on this season.

A win and Spurs are properly in it for 4th. Lose and it is going to be a lot tougher.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea haven't been that sharp lately, so this is going to be a tough one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't get it, we appoint Arteta as manager, but he won't be coaching this game...

I wonder if Arsenal tried to find another Luis Suarez clause to prevent giving Man City the one million pound compensation for Arteta?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Chelsea haven't been that sharp lately, so this is going to be a tough one.

Spurs haven't exactly been amazing either. Perfect kind of game for Chelsea to turn things around in.

I believe Spurs are small favourites due to it being a home game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea win. This Spurs squad kind handle the high press. Didn't manage for the last two years under Pochettino and the only "fix" so far from Mourinho is to kick it long. Sheffield United at times dominated Spurs at WHL. So no doubt Chelsea could as well. For example through a well organized high press. I can't say if Chelsea are capable of that to the level seen by Sheffield and Wolverhampton.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Another big week for Brighton. We have played well at home this year and the form of the front 3 has been really good. With Connolly coming back from injury it gives us another option for some offense. Hoping for 3 points!

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
22nd December 2018. I caught an early train from King's Cross to Newcastle, travelled to my mam's place to drop off my baggage, then immediately doubled back to NUFC v Fulham.

The pre-Christmas home fixture is usually one of the best atmospheres of the season, and I was attending SJP for the first time in a year. Mr Exile, the driving force behind our decision to go, bounced up to the entrance of the marvellous Town Wall pub.

"I'm dead excited," he said.
"Me too," I replied. "It's therefore important that we remember this is Mike Ashley's Newcastle, and the game will be f***ing shit."

"f***ing shit" proved to be a wildly optimistic prediction. What unfolded before us was the single worst game of football I've ever seen. It finished 0-0 because for the entire duration neither team ventured anything at all, and about 50% of their low risk manoeuvres were executed with slug-like incompetence. The crowd reached such levels of frustration they seemed in genuine danger of gnawing themselves to death.

Fulham accepted a draw because it prevented Newcastle widening the points gap between them. Newcastle accepted a draw because it prevented Fulham narrowing the points gap between them. The match amounted to an accountancy exercise that simply may as well not have taken place. Yet the combined wage bills of the two teams stumbling around the grass must have been around £50 million, and the combined fees double, if not triple that. The Best League In the World, don't you know.

November 2019, Mr Exile texted me to say, "You're going with me to the Palace game." And so here I am on the train to York, to change at Darlington, to be picked up to go on to watch a Steve Bruce team missing the player in whose absence they pretty much cannot score lamp high balls in the general direction of Andy Carroll. The opposition, meanwhile, will showcase Roy Hodgson's dreary proficiency, possibly enlivened by the one man band Zaha remorselessly targeting whoever of Manquillo or Yedlin starts at right wing back. A repeat of Palace's late 1-0 win in the corresponding fixture last season seems very plausible, adorned by a cameo from Dwight Gayle grabbing his chance to prove that when playing at this level he ceases to be able to kick a football properly.

I have had eight hours sleep in the last two days. You can all count yourselves lucky I won't have internet access for the next week to go into this occasion in depth. Have a very Corporately hollowed-out Christmas. Sorry, I think I mean Merry Christmas.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
22nd December 2018. I caught an early train from King's Cross to Newcastle, travelled to my mam's place to drop off my baggage, then immediately doubled back to NUFC v Fulham.

The pre-Christmas home fixture is usually one of the best atmospheres of the season, and I was attending SJP for the first time in a year. Mr Exile, the driving force behind our decision to go, bounced up to the entrance of the marvellous Town Wall pub.

"I'm dead excited," he said.
"Me too," I replied. "It's therefore important that we remember this is Mike Ashley's Newcastle, and the game will be ****ing ****."

"****ing ****" proved to be a wildly optimistic prediction. What unfolded before us was the single worst game of football I've ever seen. It finished 0-0 because for the entire duration neither team ventured anything at all, and about 50% of their low risk manoeuvres were executed with slug-like incompetence. The crowd reached such levels of frustration they seemed in genuine danger of gnawing themselves to death.

Fulham accepted a draw because it prevented Newcastle widening the points gap between them. Newcastle accepted a draw because it prevented Fulham narrowing the points gap between them. The match amounted to an accountancy exercise that simply may as well not have taken place. Yet the combined wage bills of the two teams stumbling around the grass must have been around £50 million, and the combined fees double, if not triple that. The Best League In the World, don't you know.

November 2019, Mr Exile texted me to say, "You're going with me to the Palace game." And so here I am on the train to York, to change at Darlington, to be picked up to go on to watch a Steve Bruce team missing the player in whose absence they pretty much cannot score lamp high balls in the general direction of Andy Carroll. The opposition, meanwhile, will showcase Roy Hodgson's dreary proficiency, possibly enlivened by the one man band Zaha remorselessly targeting whoever of Manquillo or Yedlin starts at right wing back. A repeat of Palace's late 1-0 win in the corresponding fixture last season seems very plausible, adorned by a cameo from Dwight Gayle grabbing his chance to prove that when playing at this level he ceases to be able to kick a football properly.

I have had eight hours sleep in the last two days. You can all count yourselves lucky I won't have internet access for the next week to go into this occasion in depth. Have a very Corporately hollowed-out Christmas. Sorry, I think I mean Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas buddy. :)

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
ScaryUnhealthyDog-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: S E P H and Juve

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well that was a thrilling game.

Everton managed 0 shots on target, and Arsenal only had 6 shot attempts.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Imagine spending £62m on Joelinton and Almiron and getting 1 goal out of them. At least Almiron contributes to the overall play, Joelinton is pretty useless.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton-Arsenal might be one of the worst games of the year so far
Without hyperbole, both of those teams have been among the two worst that I have seen this year. If not the worst, from a talent standpoint, absolutely the least impressive return.

My NBCSN App has been down all morning so I guess I was in luck.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Almiron finally has his hard work pay off with a goal. Can't fault the guy for effort, just hasn't been good enough to finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad