GWT: PL Matchweek 18

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So this suggests that it was his own doing and not ordered to do so.

I’d also like to point out that he’s not wrong to an extent. Makes his remarks a lot better imo. Good for him making himself clear and apologizing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No it's not.
An accident is when something unfortunate happens that was not intended. So yes it was an accident.

funny how a month ago I was the only one ( that I remember) calling for son to be red carded and stay red carded. Everyone else suggested he shouldn’t have been carded and the FA agreed. Sooo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Son has three red cards in 2019. People talk about him being a nice guy but he's actually a hot head who has a very hard time preventing himself from doing something stupid.

Reactions: S E P H and AB13

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You can be a hot head and a nice guy... I mean 2/3 of those red cards are either an accident or tame in comparison of other guys idiot behaviour. I don’t know the 3rd red

Reactions: YNWA14 and Havre

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You can be a hot head and a nice guy... I mean 2/3 of those red cards are either an accident or tame in comparison of other guys idiot behaviour. I don’t know the 3rd red

Third red he gets mad at a player walks over to him and shoves/throws him to the ground. Also seemed to me like he was trying to put his studs into Rudiger and that didn't happen. To me that is a dirty player.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hot head yes, but come on. Have you even seen the red cards?

He pushes a Bournemouth player. Nothing malicious. The red against Everton is rescinded. So that is that. Today is silly. Similar to Bournemouth really. I don't mind the red card against Bournemouth and today, you can't do those things, but those are just silly red cards - not dirty. Today is the closest Son probably has been to ever being dirty. And noone believes he hits Rudiger with any force.

He has 20 yellow cards or something in his career and now he is suddenly this dirty player? Funny.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well. Give him some credit. If he wants to really put his studs into Rudiger how can he miss?

If that is dirty I would love to hear your evaluation of Gerrard.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well. Give him some credit. If he wants to really put his studs into Rudiger how can he miss?

Doesn't everyone know Gerrard was a dirty player? Still liked him. But only a fool would deny it.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Throws him into the ground? Holy hyperbole.

He looks straight at Rudiger and kicks him. Feet aren't in the best place to really boot him so he scrapes him. He gets mad at the Bournemouth player, runs over to him and shoves him. You can defend this all you want but he is a hot head. This does seem to be a rather recent development.

The tackle on Gomes is also a dirty tackle from behind even though it's obviously not why Gomes got hurt.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It is why Gomes got hurt though.

I still really like Son but actions have consequences.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pretty clear what the Sky presenter meant by his comments. You hear that sort of thing all the time.

Didn't I read here just a week or so back that Son is one of the greatest guys in the Premiership? Well if I recall correctly Mane' was included in the same post so...

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty clear what the Sky presenter meant by his comments. You hear that sort of thing all the time.

Didn't I read here just a week or so back that Son is one of the greatest guys in the Premiership? Well if I recall correctly Sane' was included in the same post so...
Poor sane never hurt a fly... but the player in question was Mane. Either way salah is the actual crown jewel. With KDB and Kun the pearls.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Mane is definitely a hot head even though he keeps himself under control for the most part. But could you see him punching someone in the face? Most certainly I could.

It actually was why Gomes got injured. Gomes was injured from the landing, not from running into Aurier.

Ok, I can't tell and haven't seen a replay to tell me different. I'm sure one exists but I'm not hunting them down. Been a little busy with more important things.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He looks straight at Rudiger and kicks him. Feet aren't in the best place to really boot him so he scrapes him. He gets mad at the Bournemouth player, runs over to him and shoves him. You can defend this all you want but he is a hot head. This does seem to be a rather recent development.

The tackle on Gomes is also a dirty tackle from behind even though it's obviously not why Gomes got hurt.

Not defending those actions so not sure why you are claiming I am. I have said I completely accept those two red cards. I have even agreed with you that he is a hot head.

But to go from there to imply he is not a nice guy is rather odd. He has 20 yellow cards in his whole career. For an aggressive player that is very low. It is one yellow card every 12.5 full 90 mins and before Bournemouth he had never received a red.

I get it that SEPH and AB13 are trolling about Spurs. What else are they supposed to do these days? A bit more surprising that others are biting.

If SEPH and AB13 want to talk about dirty Spursplayers they should focus on Vertonghen, Rose, Alli, Dier etc. It would give them a lot more credibility.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
An accident is when something unfortunate happens that was not intended. So yes it was an accident.

funny how a month ago I was the only one ( that I remember) calling for son to be red carded and stay red carded. Everyone else suggested he shouldn’t have been carded and the FA agreed. Sooo
You definitely weren’t the only one but hopefully that cross isn’t too heavy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, always getting Sane' and Mane' mixed up. Anyway, uhhh, sure.

Why you racist son of a...

tenor.gif

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Heung Min-Son has more career red cards in the PL than Granit Xhaka. Clearly a dirty player.

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad