GWT: PL Matchweek 18

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The alleged part.

Obviously I don´t know how bad it was. It wasn´t "bad enough" for Azipilicueta to have heard it. So what are you supposed to do without clear proof?

I don´t really see it as a bad thing collecting the facts before making any final conclusions.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Obviously I don´t know how bad it was. It wasn´t "bad enough" for Azipilicueta to have heard it. So what are you supposed to do without clear proof?

I don´t really see it as a bad thing collecting the facts before making any final conclusions.

It was bad enough the stadium announcer mentioned it and ref went over to both managers to tell them. Which I believe they are only allowed to do when they know for certain. I could be wrong.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
But did they denounce their own player...

And who said there are any model clubs?
I'm not sure why you are so hellbent on that point when literally every other top club in football have lucrative ties to China. None of them would denounce in the same situation and they'll continue their pre-season tours, shirt deals, TV revenue, etc. It's a sad reality that no club has the balls.

I'm just glad that a popular player like Ozil spoke out about it to bring it to light.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It was bad enough the stadium announcer mentioned it and ref went over to both managers to tell them. Which I believe they are only allowed to do when they know for certain. I could be wrong.

If that was a "precaution" kind of thing or based on real proof I don´t know. "Normally" if there is any such thing you will see more players reacting if it is that bad. Even sadder if it was that bad and none of the other players reacted to it.

Hopefully both Spurs and the league will learn from this. Proof is in the pudding kind of thing. Pointless being tough on racism through words if you fail to act when you need to.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also Son can **** off, him crying for a deliberate action was hilarious. He has shown recently quite a reckless conduct of actions'.

He's just trying to play the ref and fans, I doubt he was truly sorry for breaking Gomes ankle.

Reactions: AB13

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not sure why you are so hellbent on that point when literally every other top club in football have lucrative ties to China. None of them would denounce in the same situation and they'll continue their pre-season tours, shirt deals, TV revenue, etc. It's a sad reality that no club has the balls.

I'm just glad that a popular player like Ozil spoke out about it to bring it to light.
It’s easy to criticize anything, call for action or act indignant about something when you have nothing to lose, no ties to the situation and no investment.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It’s easy to criticize anything, call for action or act indignant about something when you have nothing to lose, no ties to the situation and no investment.
Yep and this is what separated a guy like Muhammad Ali from the rest.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Alleged"? Is the position really being taken here that Rudiger must have made this up?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Racism is abhorrent and we need to do a better job of getting it out of our sport and society."

"I'd just like to say that these are not the views of Sky and that we are here to present a balanced debate."

giphy.gif

Reactions: Live in the Now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
"Racism is abhorrent and we need to do a better job of getting it out of our sport and society."

"I'd just like to say that these are not the views of Sky and that we are here to present a balanced debate."

giphy.gif

The next step is for some moron to go on there and talk about how monkey chanting is not racist.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I wouldn't blame Sky for that one host being a ÷&=;$&#&, but that is seriously weak from him personally.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
As per usual, Gary Neville is completely on it. He made a similar point a few weeks ago, and he's absolutely right. Reprehensible shit today.

On the play in the game itself:
  • When I saw the starting XI, I was nervous about how we would do without Jorginho. We were abysmal against Everton without him, and his absence was 75% of why. Wasn't a problem. Kante is Kante, Kovacic continues to establish that he's one of the top midfielders in the country, and the back line moved the ball far better today than they have recently.
  • Mount needed this game to go well. Very happy for him that it did. Had an absolute field day with Vertonghen.
  • Willian's first goal was brilliantly taken.
  • Reffing. Absolutely unbelievable that it took VAR to give that penalty. Multiple moments where stonewall shit was not called - Zouma got a yellow card for a softer version of something Davinson Sanchez had done moments prior with no call. Genuinely can't believe that the VAR almost gave Spurs a penalty for a play that was 1. 5 yards offside and 2. a blatant dive. A joke that. Anyway, Anthony Taylor is a not good ref and he bears a lot of responsibility for the game getting completely out of hand.
  • This Spurs team has become pretty unlikable compared to a few years ago - guys who 2/3 seasons ago were really likable young up-and-comers are now chucking in greasy tackles, diving, etc. No idea what happened, it's all the same players, but the collective energy of the squad has become pretty negative. That's not something that'll get better coached by Mourinho.
  • There are very few teams I like to beat as much as I like to beat Tottenham.

Reactions: Blender

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Absolutely shameful that Sky feels the need to distance themselves from this. This is a very large part of the problem.

Yeah, that was pretty disgraceful. Sky is playing the neutral game, but if anybody can tell me what the neutral game is in a racist gesture I would love to know because that's pathetic. I agree with Neville that the natural occurrences of this is becoming fairly common, but I don't agree that it's happening from common folks. I suggest that it is still a minority group with a loud mouth, which disliked the game results. That fan obviously targeted Rudiger because of the situation with Son.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
As per usual, Gary Neville is completely on it. He made a similar point a few weeks ago, and he's absolutely right. Reprehensible **** today.

On the play in the game itself:
  • When I saw the starting XI, I was nervous about how we would do without Jorginho. We were abysmal against Everton without him, and his absence was 75% of why. Wasn't a problem. Kante is Kante, Kovacic continues to establish that he's one of the top midfielders in the country, and the back line moved the ball far better today than they have recently.
  • Mount needed this game to go well. Very happy for him that it did. Had an absolute field day with Vertonghen.
  • Willian's first goal was brilliantly taken.
  • Reffing. Absolutely unbelievable that it took VAR to give that penalty. Multiple moments where stonewall **** was not called - Zouma got a yellow card for a softer version of something Davinson Sanchez had done moments prior with no call. Genuinely can't believe that the VAR almost gave Spurs a penalty for a play that was 1. 5 yards offside and 2. a blatant dive. A joke that. Anyway, Anthony Taylor is a not good ref and he bears a lot of responsibility for the game getting completely out of hand.
  • This Spurs team has become pretty unlikable compared to a few years ago - guys who 2/3 seasons ago were really likable young up-and-comers are now chucking in greasy tackles, diving, etc. No idea what happened, it's all the same players, but the collective energy of the squad has become pretty negative. That's not something that'll get better coached by Mourinho.
  • There are very few teams I like to beat as much as I like to beat Tottenham.

Their core of players is virtually the same. Lamela and Alli have been doing this stuff ever since they entered the league haha.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
fans should be banned for a month. Collective punishment that hurts the good fans and the pockets of the team, the end result is the eradication of that racist behaviour.

the first one is obviously an accident.
Mister football genius.

no politics.
It's not an accident. It's being completely reckless.

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->