GWT: PL Matchweek 14

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So, another racist Spurs moment like we've seen many, many times in the past.

I didn't see the incident, but someone threw a banana at Auba from the Spurs side on the grounds and thankfully he was found and arrested by English police.

Reactions: BKarchitect

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If Mourinho did what Klopp did today the whining would have been deafening. The same with Klopp's comments after the PSG match.

Call it both ways or none at all.

If Everton scores that goal and Silva does that, this board may not have existed by days end.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Celebrating with their team is also not the same thing as celebrating in the face of the opposing manager or player. Both of which would be wrong.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I agree, Mourinho would have been dumped on a lot more than Klopp. At the end of the day though Mourinho is still a turd.
I honest think it comes down to when Mourinho does things like that, it is usually more negative/troll/heel/whatever you want to call it. A specific example (that I am sure you are familiar with) is when Jose's Inter knocked Barca out of the CL and then did the "I am a golden god" pose around the Camp Nou. Not trying to pick on you there, but that kind of celebration has a much different vibe then what happened today.

Klopp does it from a positive place. He isn't trying to antagonize anyone, he was just happy I don't think it's a big deal. It would have been annoying if it was the other way around but it's nothing to moan about

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I agree, Mourinho would have been dumped on a lot more than Klopp. At the end of the day though Mourinho is still a turd.
I honest think it comes down to when Mourinho does things like that, it is usually more negative/troll/heel/whatever you want to call it. A specific example (that I am sure you are familiar with) is when Jose's Inter knocked Barca out of the CL and then did the "I am a golden god" pose around the Camp Nou. Not trying to pick on you there, but that kind of celebration has a much different vibe then what happened today.

Klopp does it from a positive place. He isn't trying to antagonize anyone, he was just happy I don't think it's a big deal. It would have been annoying if it was the other way around but it's nothing to moan about

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was going to say the reasons the reactions are different from Klopp and Mou from the pov of fans is that Klopp shits positivity (he bitches a lot) but he's positive for the most part. Mourinho is just a whiny little bitch who can't comprehend that he's actually not as good as he thinks he is. A negative and miserable dude.

Reactions: S E P H

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I was going to say the reasons the reactions are different from Klopp and Mou from the pov of fans is that Klopp ****s positivity (he *****es a lot) but he's positive for the most part. Mourinho is just a whiny little ***** who can't comprehend that he's actually not as good as he thinks he is. A negative and miserable dude.

This is also not the first time Klopp did something like this.

GettyImages-589490330.0.jpg

160123172519-klopp-celebrates-exlarge-169.jpg

As a fan, speaking for myself only, he's doing what I would want to do. I'm sure he'll get a touchline ban but it's probably worth it. Stuff like that keeps the team morale very high.

Now, to be clear, if he runs onto the field to celebrate near an Everton player then I think even as a fan of him and the club that there would be something wrong with that.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not really. Can you find any instances of people complaining about managers celebrating with their team?

Celebrating with their team is also not the same thing as celebrating in the face of the opposing manager or player. Both of which would be wrong.

There was the recent example of Mourinho celebrating in the face of the home team (which you allude to in the second quote and is certainly a discernably different situation) and I have to say that, even there, many people here who otherwise criticise Mourinho said it was at least somewhat fair of him to do so, so I don't even really see a double standard there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I doubt it. Why do people care if the manager celebrates a last minute goal in the derby? It's great. I wouldn't fault any manager for it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Celebrating a goal is fine. Running into the middle of the field is what's over the top and what'll likely earn him a touchline ban for a game or two.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Celebrating a goal is fine. Running into the middle of the field is what's over the top and what'll likely earn him a touchline ban for a game or two.
But again if he gets charged and so on why are people making such a big deal of it? Who cares? There are a lot of stupid personality/passion stifling rules. It's silly how professional sports in general try to do this. Obviously it would be excessive if you did it every game but there are certainly circumstances like this one that are just emotional moments.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is also not the first time Klopp did something like this.

As a fan, speaking for myself only, he's doing what I would want to do. I'm sure he'll get a touchline ban but it's probably worth it. Stuff like that keeps the team morale very high.

Now, to be clear, if he runs onto the field to celebrate near an Everton player then I think even as a fan of him and the club that there would be something wrong with that.

Yeah, agreed. It's a child like reaction how can anyone hate on that, it's pure joy and euphoria.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
But when it comes from joyfulness?

Sure, he's a grown man, he should have control over his actions.

I'm not trying to say this is some deep crime against humanity or anything, and I totally understand him going nuts. I could even understand being a couple yards on to celebrate with players who are coming that way, but I think running to basically the middle of the pitch is a line that the FA needs to draw.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LOL he should get punished although relatively small slap on the wrist. I just see how people are getting butt hurt by this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad