GWT: PL Matchweek 14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Missed most of the second half and thus the goal.
As I said before teams that win even when they're outplayed or outchanced are the good teams.
Luck or not. Everton should have openned the scoring period. They paid the price.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't like Mourinho as a coach/person but I love his celebrations. He is quite a character.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Mourinho did what Klopp did today the whining would have been deafening. The same with Klopp's comments after the PSG match.

Call it both ways or none at all.

Did anyone whine here when he threw the water bottles all over the place? I don't think anyone did and I know for sure I didn't.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I have to admit, with Uruguay I thought he was a Gattuso-clone. A good one, but "merely" a defensive terrier.

I was quite wrong, he can play, pass and carry the ball - very impressed.

Liverpool was lucky, they seem to be in an offensive rut - and defensively they got away with it a bit today, Everton missed some absolute sitters.
That said, Man City had quite a few last-gasp winners last season, you need those sometimes.
Not sure why. He made Serie A team of the season for a reason. He was right up there with SMS as the best last year.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Lost amongst the craziness of the ending is the Everton player (don't remember who) that laid on the ground and wasted time til the trainer came out and he slowly walked off the pitch, had he not done that the ref probably doesn't extend the game long enough for the goal to happen

Reactions: trostol and Rob

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Fabinho has not gotten many minutes this season but he looked very good today. Some great tackles and I believe he played one or two very nice passes with the outside of his boot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love how Xhaka started diving after that piece of **** Son dived on his penalty play just to have those totteringham players yell at Xhaka later on in the match. And also love how the Arsenal players after the game were still giving it to Son. Piece of ****.

Also the Liverpool's goal was out of bounds.

What a wonderful day.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It was not. It never fully crossed the white line. It was actually nicely captured by the overhead cam.
It was since the ball went beyond the crossbar from the overhead cam, but I can't fault you guys as Pickford made the stupidest decision from an easy goalkick to the game-winner. He's a terrible player.

I think Klopp is going to be fined though for his celebration, lol.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Did anyone whine here when he threw the water bottles all over the place? I don't think anyone did and I know for sure I didn't.
Trying to compare throwing some water bottles to the ground and running all over the pitch is stretching it. I find Klopp's celebrations over the top in general, but if you're going to do it, keep it on the touchline like you're someone with a modicum of self-control. Unless his goal was an FA charge. Lampard got one for much less.

Everything Mourinho does grates on people because they want to ascribe the things he does down to petulance, while with Klopp somehow it's all "passion". I'd argue it's just petulance and obnoxiousness both ways. He didn't whine about diving after PSG because of "passion".

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It was since the ball went beyond the crossbar from the overhead cam.

The ball never passed the crossbar, hence it hit the bar and went back in. Incredibly lucky but it never went out.

It's the same rule as the white line on the ground. The ball has to fully cross to be out. It never did.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If Mourinho did what Klopp did today the whining would have been deafening. The same with Klopp's comments after the PSG match.

Call it both ways or none at all.

When two people do the same thing, it is not the same thing

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Trying to compare throwing some water bottles to the ground and running all over the pitch is stretching it. I find Klopp's celebrations over the top in general, but if you're going to do it, keep it on the touchline like you're someone with a modicum of self-control. Unless his goal was an FA charge. Lampard got one for much less.

Everything Mourinho does grates on people because they want to ascribe the things he does down to petulance, while with Klopp somehow it's all "passion". I'd argue it's just petulance and obnoxiousness both ways. He didn't whine about diving after PSG because of "passion".
I agre with everything here. I love Klopp, but he's ridiculous most of the time with his acting. And as I said, he's reaching Mourinho's level on a few things these days.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
2DD48DA0-55EE-402B-8B09-DB4FE12DBA7B.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The ball never passed the crossbar, hence it hit the bar and went back in. Incredibly lucky but it never went out.

It's the same rule as the white line on the ground. The ball has to fully cross to be out. It never did.
The ball's trajectory was going out of bounds, but Pickford could have touched it before it got to that position making it inconclusive at the very least. Not sure that's a goal with VAR though.

I agre with everything here. I love Klopp, but he's ridiculous most of the time with his acting. And as I said, he's reaching Mourinho's level on a few things these days.
Klopp even on that dirty team is still an amazing GOAT person and is a million times better than whatever Mourinho does.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Was unaware Divock Origi was still alive

Was also unaware anyone could sincerely say they like Klopp more than Mourinho

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Was also unaware anyone could sincerely say they like Klopp more than Mourinho

How's that?

Klopp has his moments on the sidelines and can be annoying with his celebrations, but in the interviews and press conferences, dude is relaxed and tries to be funny and friendly (sometimes too much, maybe, for some people?).
Mou, on the other hand, is just a grumpy old man the last few years. If he's not winning, he's miserable lol.
And he's got no issues throwing his players under the bus every now and then (though they mostly do deserve it).

I don't care either way, but I do think it's not unreasonable to like Klopp over Mou as a neutral.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
For me it comes quite simply down to positive people versus negative people. Klopp may express some negative things, but overall takes a positive approach. Mourinho may occassionally express some positive things, but his overall approach strikes me as highly negative.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For me it comes quite simply down to positive people versus negative people. Klopp may express some negative things, but overall takes a positive approach. Mourinho may occassionally express some positive things, but his overall approach strikes me as highly negative.
I agree. But Klopp shouldn't go down that road like he has, whining and making too much out of nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad