GWT: PL Matchweek 14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Pickfords hands are what pushed it back to the crossbar for the second bounce, if he doesn't touch it, it goes behind for a goal kick.
I’m still not positive that it didn’t go out. I can’t tell because pickford’s gloves are white. It’s super marginal. But yeah. Pickford needs to be pushing that back. Or leaving it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’m still not positive that it didn’t go out. I can’t tell because pickford’s gloves are white. It’s super marginal. But yeah. Pickford needs to be pushing that back. Or leaving it.

Yea without goalline tech on that, I'm not sure you can know either way. It's a call I don't think VAR would overturn it no matter what way it was called live.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yea without goalline tech on that, I'm not sure you can know either way. It's a call I don't think VAR would overturn it no matter what way it was called live.
Agreed. I’m kinda surprised existing goalline tech can’t extend to that play. Or, maybe it can, but it wouldn’t be used.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
To be fair to Pickford, he apologized to the away supporters after the match.

I don't think it went out. Seen it a few times and I don't think it was completely over.

Reactions: trostol

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
To be fair to Pickford, he apologized to the away supporters after the match.

I don't think it went out. Seen it a few times and I don't think it was completely over.
I think that’s how I feel too, but I’m not positive. I went frame by frame and while the ball is over white, i can’t tell where the crossbar ends because Pickford’s hands are in the way. There’s just enough of an angle, and I mean it’s minimal but extant, for an optical illusion to exist.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
DtblCXeWkAIo8Nb

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pickfords hands are what pushed it back to the crossbar for the second bounce, if he doesn't touch it, it goes behind for a goal kick.
Yep...he kept it in because he thought it might sneak in. Otherwise it'd have gone out and the game was over.

One of the weirdest goals I've ever seen.

I'll take the points but still unhappy with how Liverpool have been playing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
What An Ending!

What did Klopp do? Missed that was eating dinner and just came in to see the replay

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I sexually identify as Lucas Torreira.

Best mid in PL AINEC

I have to admit, with Uruguay I thought he was a Gattuso-clone. A good one, but "merely" a defensive terrier.

I was quite wrong, he can play, pass and carry the ball - very impressed.

Liverpool was lucky, they seem to be in an offensive rut - and defensively they got away with it a bit today, Everton missed some absolute sitters.
That said, Man City had quite a few last-gasp winners last season, you need those sometimes.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yep...he kept it in because he thought it might sneak in. Otherwise it'd have gone out and the game was over.

One of the weirdest goals I've ever seen.

I'll take the points but still unhappy with how Liverpool have been playing.
Yeah but as a keeper you should be keeping your fingertips down under the crossbar so that the ball either goes over naturally or, if it hits your hands, goes out. He tried to catch it, it would seem.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah but as a keeper you should be keeping your fingertips down under the crossbar so that the ball either goes over naturally or, if it hits your hands, goes out. He tried to catch it, it would seem.

My best guess is that he got lost as the ball was in the air so thought it was coming down in front of the bar, but either way when it's that close and coming at that sharp an angle he should be trying to knock it over instead of catching it right in front of the bar.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Looked toward the end of the match like a draw would have been a success for Liverpool. What a wild smash and grab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->