PL Matchweek 11

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal were the better team, but shouldn't Liverpool be up by one? Not sure why the Mane goal was determined to be offsides?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But it's not an Arsenal issue. It happened to Ozil with Germany as well, because announcers are too lazy to actually analyze the game they're calling and they resort to the same predetermined story lines like Ozil being lazy.
He IS lazy when he doesn't have the ball. Proof was on that play. Disgusting. Doesn't make him any less of player with the ball. His game the other day was unreal.
But he makes zero effort when the oppoing player strips the ball from him. ZERO.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What an unreal half to watch. Stressful at times, but so much fun
There's so much talent out there and Arsenal's passing game has been superb.

Anyone getting extremely tired of Lee Dixon? This bloke is just negative and annoying every second he speaks.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Arsenal were the better team, but shouldn't Liverpool be up by one? Not sure why the Mane goal was determined to be offsides?
Because the ref thinks Mane interfered with the play on the first pass. He doesn't IMO, but as Eric Di Meco says it, the interpretation is right since the defense played Mane offside and yet the went for the ball.
So I think he's onside by the book, offside by the spirit.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He IS lazy when he doesn't have the ball. Proof was on that play. Disgusting. Doesn't make him any less of player with the ball. His game the other day was unreal.
But he makes zero effort when the oppoing player strips the ball from him. ZERO.

He's definitely not a hard-working guy against the ball, but that's not his role to play. And he's not lazy like that every game, despite what everyone would have you believe. I've seen multiple games where he's won the most possession out of any player on the pitch.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Because the ref thinks Mane interfered with the play on the first pass. He doesn't IMO, but as Eric Di Meco says it, the interpretation is right since the defense played Mane offside and yet the went for the ball.
So I think he's onside by the book, offside by the spirit.
That makes sense if the linesman saw it with the first play as you suggested, I mean it was the wrong call, but I will take it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's definitely not a hard-working guy against the ball, but that's not his role to play. And he's not lazy like that every game, despite what everyone would have you believe. I've seen multiple games where he's won the most possession out of any player on the pitch.
Oh not every game. As I said, he sometimes DOES play with intensity. But how can he NOT play like this in this game? All his teammates are playing super hard. His brain isn't always in sync it seems.

And I don't like the "it's not his role". Messi when stripped off the ball tries to get it back immediately.
It frustrates me when I see ADM do it. Or Traore for Lyon. Or Neymar. Or Benzema with France (not with Real).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It happened to Ozil with Germany as well, because announcers are too lazy to actually analyze the game they're calling and they resort to the same predetermined story lines like Ozil being lazy.

True. I think a lot of that narrative is not helped by the lack of success Arsenal has had especially in big games where Ozil is expected to carry the team to victory.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Oh not every game. As I said, he sometimes DOES play with intensity. But how can he NOT play like this in this game? All his teammates are playing super hard. His brain isn't always in sync it seems.

And I don't like the "it's not his role". Messi when stripped off the ball tries to get it back immediately.
It frustrates me when I see ADM do it. Or Traore for Lyon. Or Neymar. Or Benzema with France (not with Real).

I don't think your criticism of him is unfair, but a lot of players do the same thing and get away without being criticized for it (and i don't mean by you necessarily). You'll never hear the commentators or media talk about how "Kroos looked like a traffic cone out there today, letting every midfielder run right around him" even though just about everyone on this board knows that happens in 50% of the games he plays.

Reactions: robertmac43

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
VVD just too diesel there. That felt like it should have been a goal but I was never worried about it due to who was back there.

Reactions: Chimaera

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
With all the offensive threats and chances in this game it was always going to be Milner from open play wasn’t it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad