GWT: PL Matchday 2

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Looked like he tripped on the legs of the defender and just went down easily.
It was a dive, if there was any water instead of grass he would have made little splash with his hands forward like that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think he was expecting contact and had already mentally committed to going down when it happened so was already off balance. Then it didn't come and it was too late for him to stay up.

Yeah, I mean I've seen way more clearer dives than that. He wasn't even asking for a free kick.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah, I mean I've seen way more clearer dives than that. He wasn't even asking for a free kick.

I think if that was his first of the game Moss would have just told him to get up, but he already had one about 10 minutes in where it looked like his foot got caught but clearly Moss didn't think so and waved him up. So as far as the ref was concerned it was his second.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think if that was his first of the game Moss would have just told him to get up, but he already had one about 10 minutes in where it looked like his foot got caught but clearly Moss didn't think so and waved him up. So as far as the ref was concerned it was his second.

Ok, I didn't see the first one but that does explain it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This has been much better than last years games against them. When Wolves have countered United have always been in position. Maguire been positioned well a few times and AWB has basically locked down his entire half of the field.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It was great seeing Martial score that. He would have put that wide or right at the keeper or just lost it in general last season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
In general seems to be clicking well with Rashford. They seem to know what the other is doing or going to much better than before.

I also like how fluid they are in terms of positioning. It's definitely not a classic winger/striker relationship and they're almost constantly drifting around and swapping positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad