GWT: PL Matchday 2

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm far more concerned with how they've looked in the second half than actually dropping the points. This has basically been a game from last year in the second half. No urgency, sloppy play, etc.

Sums it up well because if this is how they're gonna play they can expect to get lost in the pack quickly. Depending on Chelsea they could finish as far down as 6th

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’d love to see the Portuguese national team development program find a late winner here.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bullshit game. Lingard no where near good enough, McTominay not good enough, Shaw not good enough, James not good enough.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I watched the game off and on, but from what I've gathered... Man United wasn't good enough.
Doesn’t help when you have three chances to finish the game. Or when you have to be covering for your left back because of a player that couldn’t cut it at Aston Villa. Or when the backline has the possession and that’s it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I watched the game off and on, but from what I've gathered... Man United wasn't good enough.

First half was fine. They controlled play and had a few dangerous chances. Martial just miscontrolled a ball or he would have been in for an easy second.

Second half was last year all over again outside of a couple of nice individual runs (one by Pogba to draw a pen and a couple on the other side). Some crosses came from out wide but they never felt like they were going to be remotely dangerous and United didn't try to stretch the field at all despite having James and Rashford as wings both of whom could easily beat their man for pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad