GWT: PL Matchday 2

kg458

Capstronaut
Jan 31, 2008
Boston
Liverpool very lucky to get 3 points there. Were badly outplayed in the first half and didn't really generate any great chances. Both goals were moments of brilliance from attackers, not well built attacks.
You mean other than the Salah and Firmino 1v1s that were missed, and the great saves Gunn made on the Mane header and Robertson shot? They were outplayed in the first half, but to say that they were lucky to win is a stretch...

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

High pressing, high intensity, and compact blocks against the top teams, which usually works decently. Against smaller sides his tactics are so just inconsistent and usually pretty ineffective. He does not have a clear effective way of playing that he sticks to against weaker opposition. He wants to play out the back and play low cutbacks but besides that he doesn’t stick to anything at all every game.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That was extremely visible against Spain where we couldn't even handle the ball at all. I would take Kristoffer Ajer from Norway. Granen is finished and Pontus Jansson isn't good enough. Can't agree that we're superior in hockey since Finland are the reigning champions at U20 and senior. They are producing way higher talent at the moment too.
You have to understand who you’re talking to. If you’re going to discuss anything hockey or soccer in general, you’ll be fine. If you’re going to discuss anything Arsenal or related to Swedish hockey, all his logical analysis is replaced by emotional analysis. He’s become a meme around here.

Reactions: Pensionsraddare

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Still waiting for the 6 paragraph Mike Ahley/Steve Bruce bashing and one paragraph Pukki praisal from Stray Wasp.

I haven't yet seen the highlights, so I'll hang fire on any praise. I'll be interested to see whether his hat-trick was better than the one Johan Elmander scored against NUFC in 2010/11 (likely not, on the presumption that all things Swedish tend to compare favourably to their Finnish equivalents :naughty:).

I hear Pukki also made a goal-saving challenge that was every bit as important in the context of the game.

What I can safely say at this stage is that in 2019 under Rafa Benitez Newcastle United had only conceded three goals in a league game once - and that in their end of season, letting-your-hair-down shootout at home to Liverpool.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad