GWT: PL Matchday 2

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Adrián showing why he is not starter material with dumb decisions like that.

Newcastle is awful as expected. Benítez and his coaching papered over the cracks and with him gone we see how terrible they truly all.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Adrián showing why he is not starter material with dumb decisions like that.

Newcastle is awful as expected. Benítez and his coaching papered over the cracks and with him gone we see how terrible they truly all.
He looked left and passed straight after Mario pointed to pass there. Should’ve just let him be and assess his options. It’s still his fault but you have to feel for him

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That is literally what i said. If we could take one player each from Finland, Denmark and Norway we could challenge for titles. We're not superior in hockey. Probably better, but not superior in any way.
Yeah, agree. We need more creative midfielders and prolific strikers to challange and even then it would be extremely hard but we have a great defence and top class manager. We are superior in hockey too I would say, at least at the moment. Eriksen, Pukki and maybe Joshua King would help. Not sure if anyone from Norway would drastically improve us to be honest.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
We don't create high end chances. We rely on individual brilliance from Ramsey (last season), Aubameyang and Lacazette to bang goals.

We do create high end chances, but mostly due to to individual brilliance like you said. He is great at motivating players to play an intense game, makes substitutions when things go wrong and organises the press well, but besides from that he is far from top class. I would take someone like Erik Ten Haag over him without hesitating.

Reactions: Cassano

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Liverpool very lucky to get 3 points there. Were badly outplayed in the first half and didn't really generate any great chances. Both goals were moments of brilliance from attackers, not well built attacks.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Different West Ham when Antonio came on. Classic them conceding two minutes after scoring though, really rounding into form.

These slow starts are absolutely terrible.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Liverpool very lucky to get 3 points there. Were badly outplayed in the first half and didn't really generate any great chances. Both goals were moments of brilliance from attackers, not well built attacks.

Well, they also missed some well built attacks. They dominated a majority of the second half and gave away a crazy fluke goal that, in your words, was not a well built attack. They’re fortunate to get 3 points, but they also earned it in the second half. Give me a break.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Yeah, agree. We need more creative midfielders and prolific strikers to challange and even then it would be extremely hard but we have a great defence and top class manager. We are superior in hockey too I would say, at least at the moment. Eriksen, Pukki and maybe Joshua King would help. Not sure if anyone from Norway would drastically improve us to be honest.

That was extremely visible against Spain where we couldn't even handle the ball at all. I would take Kristoffer Ajer from Norway. Granen is finished and Pontus Jansson isn't good enough. Can't agree that we're superior in hockey since Finland are the reigning champions at U20 and senior. They are producing way higher talent at the moment too.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We do create high end chances, but mostly due to to individual brilliance like you said. He is great at motivating players to play an intense game, makes substitutions when things go wrong and organises the press well, but besides from that he is far from top class. I would take someone like Erik Ten Haag over him without hesitating.
Robin van Persie questions Unai Emery's approach and tactics at Arsenal | Metro News

RvP brings up a good point, what is Emery's philosophy?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That was bad from Adrian but Alisson got one of those at Leicester last year. Just can’t do that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad