GWT: PL Matchbox 20

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And that means what? It's acceptable? Or sporting? I'll take a little bit of solace in your tacit admission that Salah is actively attempting to con referees week in, week out. That's something.

We'd see this type of stuff less and less if the FA decided to enforce their own rules.

I'll leave it at this. If you don't find yourself this outraged the next time you watch a player go down then your problem is strictly with Salah and not just enforcement against it. I don't advocate embellishment either but next week a defender will make a challenge against City and they'll go down as if they were shot. I just have to accept it for what it is

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Another approach to considering the Leicester phenomenon is that their win proves if you have a goalkeeper in outstanding form, plus protection from an excellent pair of central midfielders, the quality of your centre backs becomes less important.

The more so if referees decide that in order to aid your romantic title tilt, they're going to indulge a big thug at the heart of your defence even more than normal.

That's true as well. Didn't hurt that all their competition had the worst seasons they could possibly have had.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, it was always a tough task an Anfield, but I am extremely disappointed by how many goals we're simply gifting them. Just ****ing terrible games by Torriera and Benedict Cumberbatch. Hopefully we don't ever have to seen another Cumberbatch performance after this one, much rather play a young lad than seeing this wanker scream at teammates all time. Hopefully we also see them shell out 50 million for a CB in summer as well.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Another approach to considering the Leicester phenomenon is that their win proves if you have a goalkeeper in outstanding form, plus protection from an excellent pair of central midfielders, the quality of your centre backs becomes less important.

The more so if referees decide that in order to aid your romantic title tilt, they're going to indulge a big thug at the heart of your defence even more than normal.
If you leave Blackburns Premier title out of the equation(4th highest wages) , the team paying the highest wages in the Premier have won the most titles. The team paying the 2nd highest wages won the 2nd most titles and the team paying the 3rd highest wages won the rest....until the Foxes , when they won they payed the 14th highest wages. All premier league titles won by the 1st , 2nd and 3rd highest wages ( except for Blackburns one off 4th highest wage title and the Leicester " Miracle" title . Law of large numbers dictates money titles since the start of the Premier League.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Emery is a fraud. At least Wenger would continue to try attacking. Get this clown out of my club.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'll leave it at this. If you don't find yourself this outraged the next time you watch a player go down then your problem is strictly with Salah and not just enforcement against it. I don't advocate embellishment either but next week a defender will make a challenge against City and they'll go down as if they were shot. I just have to accept it for what it is
So your issue is really just Salah being the lightning rod for the discussion?

There are degrees of offenders. The frequency, egregiousness, and obvious nature of his embellishment (when he isn't outright diving) puts Salah near the top of that list. And maybe most frustratingly, he's rewarded almost every time.

Frankly, he shouldn't have even been playing today if the FA had the balls to ban a player on a big side. That's why I'll be looking at what happens with Maddison because I could totally see them ban him as a pathetic "See we're doing something!" with his history.

Btw, that last penalty is also almost never given...

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Emery is a fraud. At least Wenger would continue to try attacking. Get this clown out of my club.

Emery has done a much better job than Wenger. Relax, look who they're playing, don't make any major judgments about the team as a whole because of the game specifically. The defense on the other hand definitely needs some judging. 30 goals given up in 20 matches is a lot. 25 goals would be quite a lot too even if you discard this game.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, because attacking with that crap backline is a great idea. Let them counter attack you for the last half hour.

Liverpool are on form, and they’re equipped to go for the jugular. If you’re down against them, many managers have to consider damage mitigation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad