GWT: PL Matchbox 20

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Savant, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Fred McCarthy

Fred McCarthy Registered User

Mascot
    I think it also has a lot to do with " The Mourinho Exit " effect .Same thing happened when Mourinho got the boot from Chelsea and Grant took over .The team really performed well under Grant , without the Iron fisted Mourinho causing grieve .Grant really had a good record the rest of that season and I was surprised they replaced him for the next seaon .

2. hatterson

hatterson Registered User

Software Developer
    Yea, they're going from a manager who seems to do everything he could to undermine his own players to one who seems to support them.

I don't really have any feeling on if Solskjaer should get the job permanently or not, simply because it's too early to tell if it's just a bounceback based on player talent (which United still have a lot of) or if he really has it in him to be an elite manager.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Fred McCarthy and SJSharks39 like this.
  3. Prntscrn

Prntscrn Registered User

Student
    Eh, as was the elbow on Mane just a second before Mane's grip around the neck

4. Panteras

Panteras perennial loser

I guess the flip side to my thiking is to say that we would have drawn or even perhaps lost some of these games under Mou. But yeah, you could see the resurgence of Pog and the entire team has switched on. We can attribute that to OGS or perhaps anyone that would have taken over Mou. Not sure yet. For sure as an ex UTD player and from the way he's spoken about his approach Solskjaer has motivated the players. We are not near to City and Liverpool are right now so even if we lose against them I wouldn't be that mad. But we should compete against everyone else. At least we're getting the 3 points against whom we're supposed to. That's a start.