GWT: PL Matchbox 20

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Solskjaer has motivated the players, specifically Pogba, and has given them a bit of guidance in attack. That’s all he had to do to beat the teams they were playing against.

As time goes on he’ll be able to do more in terms of true coaching and we’ll also see how it goes against top-6 opposition.
I think it also has a lot to do with " The Mourinho Exit " effect .Same thing happened when Mourinho got the boot from Chelsea and Grant took over .The team really performed well under Grant , without the Iron fisted Mourinho causing grieve .Grant really had a good record the rest of that season and I was surprised they replaced him for the next seaon .

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think it also has a lot to do with " The Mourinho Exit " effect .Same thing happened when Mourinho got the boot from Chelsea and Grant took over .The team really performed well under Grant , without the Iron fisted Mourinho causing grieve .Grant really had a good record the rest of that season and I was surprised they replaced him for the next seaon .

Yea, they're going from a manager who seems to do everything he could to undermine his own players to one who seems to support them.

I don't really have any feeling on if Solskjaer should get the job permanently or not, simply because it's too early to tell if it's just a bounceback based on player talent (which United still have a lot of) or if he really has it in him to be an elite manager.

Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Erh only whining about reffing in this thread was a Pool fan about City even though Mane should have had a red at 0-0.
Pool are getting the needed breaks, refs, bounces, other teams doubting, etc... That's the sign of a winning team.

Eh, as was the elbow on Mane just a second before Mane's grip around the neck

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
That's a good approach, but I'd say there is plenty of room for optimism from what I've seen and read. I haven't seen the matches since my life is really busy at the moment, but from the clips I've seen and everything else I would be confident. Solskjaer sounds like he knows what he's doing and the entire team seems to be switch on. The City and Liverpool fixtures would worry me, but apart from those two United can compete with anybody else in the league. They can pull back Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs. Solskjaer strikes me as the sort, and rightly so, who will try to compete on all fronts. The key will be getting the rotations right and prioritizing the matches.

I guess the flip side to my thiking is to say that we would have drawn or even perhaps lost some of these games under Mou. But yeah, you could see the resurgence of Pog and the entire team has switched on. We can attribute that to OGS or perhaps anyone that would have taken over Mou. Not sure yet. For sure as an ex UTD player and from the way he's spoken about his approach Solskjaer has motivated the players. We are not near to City and Liverpool are right now so even if we lose against them I wouldn't be that mad. But we should compete against everyone else. At least we're getting the 3 points against whom we're supposed to. That's a start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad