GWT: PL Matchbox 20

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Stop talking about other fanbases and instead on the matches that have gone on, is in progress, and will take place.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
True and leafs didn't inflict pain on the league like Liverpool did to other teams when English teams were banned from European competitions.

Don't mention Heysel because you will get a warning here like I did. But Hillsborough can be mentioned all the time.

I said pay for quality. Not pay a lot for players who have no quality.

I think we should start treating Leicester's season like the fluke that it was instead of bring them up as the lone example of any argument as if it makes an argument less valid. Look how much central defenders have cost on every single other team that has won the league in the last fifteen years. Other players like Terry and Kolo Toure would have been unbelievably expensive if bought in the transfer market.

Toure was bought for less than a million? And you're discounting Kante's effect on Leicester's winning season. He didn't cost much.

How much did Juve pay for their defense? Or Barca?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd rather cheer for Liverpool than City, but there are some Liverpool fans who I genuinely don't want to experience the human emotion of joy
I cant imagine being so bitter over how some fans choose to celebrate their team that you would wish ththeththem no joy in life (as long as they are not harming others of course).

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I cant imagine being so bitter over how some fans choose to celebrate their team that you would wish ththeththem no joy in life (as long as they are not harming others of course).

Except you don't just celebrate. You talk down and shit on everyone to talk big about your team.

The arrogance and entitlement from your fanbase is what makes people hate Liverpool. We've seen it on this board itself even from decent Liverpool fans. The RAWK effect is contagious.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
How much did Juve pay for their defense? Or Barca?

When Arsenal gets an academy like La Masia maybe they can try it Barcelona's way.

Juve paid massive amounts for Cancelo and Bonucci. Large amount for Sandro too. Chiellini was bought in a different era but that was still a decent amount of money then.

My initial point was that buying "prudently" will probably only solidfy Arsenal's current position in the table.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah is also such a weird player. Within every game he seems to be bad and elite all within 5 minute spans.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Except you don't just celebrate. You talk down and **** on everyone to talk big about your team.

The arrogance and entitlement from your fanbase is what makes people hate Liverpool. We've seen it on this board itself even from decent Liverpool fans. The RAWK effect is contagious.
This is not even true. When have we been talking down or shitting on anyone?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You'd have to give up football if what Salah did is so upsetting. You can and will find that play anywhere in the world on a given week
And that means what? It's acceptable? Or sporting? I'll take a little bit of solace in your tacit admission that Salah is actively attempting to con referees week in, week out. That's something.

We'd see this type of stuff less and less if the FA decided to enforce their own rules.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I said pay for quality. Not pay a lot for players who have no quality.

I think we should start treating Leicester's season like the fluke that it was instead of bring them up as the lone example of any argument as if it makes an argument less valid. Look how much central defenders have cost on every single other team that has won the league in the last fifteen years. Other players like Terry and Kolo Toure would have been unbelievably expensive if bought in the transfer market.

Another approach to considering the Leicester phenomenon is that their win proves if you have a goalkeeper in outstanding form, plus protection from an excellent pair of central midfielders, the quality of your centre backs becomes less important.

The more so if referees decide that in order to aid your romantic title tilt, they're going to indulge a big thug at the heart of your defence even more than normal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
When a player finally gets behind VVD, which will happen one or two times a match, they have to take their chance.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Liverpool is certainly not my team , but I have deep respect for the Reds and their history .A few , sometimes , want to paint Liverpool with a broad brush and reckless strokes ...ignore and enjoy

Reactions: BrokenFace

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1