GWT: PL Matchbox 20

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s not that it wasn’t a penalty it’s that Salah has made a regular habit of feeling any amount of contact and flailing his arms and throwing himself to the ground like he’s shot.

It’s pathetic.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'm going to laugh when Maddison gets a ban from the FA next week.

It'll just make the big club protection from the FA that much more naked.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wow. Based on comments in this thread, people would be really, really upset to see Liverpool win the title.

Less people would want to see Liverpool win than freaking plastic City? Or than a team that dominated England for most of the past two decades?
To me, they have the most obnoxious fanbase in football. It'll be like when the Leafs win the cup eventually in the next few years.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Mo Salah

tenor.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s not that it wasn’t a penalty it’s that Salah has made a regular habit of feeling any amount of contact and flailing his arms and throwing himself to the ground like he’s shot.

It’s pathetic.
Kane and Eriksen were worse than that today. I'm not bothered.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
First half showed that in order to have a quality defense, you have to pay for quality. Even Lovren cost a lot at the time.

Pretty much as simple as that.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
First half showed that in order to have a quality defense, you have to pay for quality. Even Lovren cost a lot at the time.

Pretty much as simple as that.

Not really. All teams had the opportunity to buy Van Dijk when he was at Celtic.

Or how about Leicester's defense when they won the league?

Arsenal paid big for Mustafi and it doesn't fit your argument either.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It's because of your fan base. Can't believe you don't realize this.
Well no one here is exactly “my” fanbase. Maybe because I in fact can be detached emotionally from these fanbases I can say that I feel there no different from each other.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not really. All teams had the opportunity to buy Van Dijk when he was at Celtic.

I said pay for quality. Not pay a lot for players who have no quality.

I think we should start treating Leicester's season like the fluke that it was instead of bring them up as the lone example of any argument as if it makes an argument less valid. Look how much central defenders have cost on every single other team that has won the league in the last fifteen years. Other players like Terry and Kolo Toure would have been unbelievably expensive if bought in the transfer market.

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Yeah, Leicester method is totally sustainable...

LFC went out and got quality. Instead of bitching maybe your teams should follow suit?

Reactions: Cassano

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Kane and Eriksen were worse than that today. I'm not bothered.

I didn’t see Eriksen’s, and Kane got booked for his.

Also not sure how “it wasn’t the worst flop” is a real defense. Salah threw himself to the ground last game and drew a penalty that shouldn’t have happened. He responded by again throwing himself to the ground at the slightest of contact. And those are far from the only two incidents this year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's because of your fan base. Can't believe you don't realize this.
The whining is genuinely out of control. I dont think you lot have any place complaining about other teams' fanbases. The hypocrisy is rampant.

But eh, it's not particularly surprising. Holding grudges because someone didn't think Arsenal were a top quality side. Up the Reds.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Again, Liverpool already has a better goal differential than the year Leicester won. 81 points might not even be enough for 4th place this year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also Hatterson is right. Salah and Mane both go to ground far too easily for my liking a lot of the time. That was a clear penalty but Salah is definitely doing himself no favors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad