PK Subban Started a YouTube Vlogging Channel

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
go watch some tv show if you want “personality” and other celebrity garbage. Plenty of channels have loads of that for you. I watch nhl to see the best hockey in the world not anything else

Personality makes the sport more interesting. It generates rivalries, emotion, buzz. Having a personal life outside of the sport isn’t garbage. The NHL is the worst in terms of establishing a culture where you are called an egomaniac for showing who you really are. They want everyone to be so hush hush and quiet. Act like a small town white boy. Well guess what, not everyone is that and not everyone wants to be that. Let’s call a spade a spade. PK gets the hate because he’s black. If Tyler Seguin, Patrick Kane, Jack Eichel, Auston Matthews, Drew Doughty or any other white hockey player did this no one would say anything.

PK does amazing charity work and helps out the community. He is also an ambassador for the game.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Personality makes the sport more interesting. It generates rivalries, emotion, buzz. Having a personal life outside of the sport isn’t garbage. The NHL is the worst in terms of establishing a culture where you are called an egomaniac for showing who you really are. They want everyone to be so hush hush and quiet. Act like a small town white boy. Well guess what, not everyone is that and not everyone wants to be that. Let’s call a spade a spade. PK gets the hate because he’s black. If Tyler Seguin, Patrick Kane, Jack Eichel, Auston Matthews, Drew Doughty or any other white hockey player did this no one would sa

Wrong. He’s disliked because he is an obnoxious douchebag. He’s the black version of someone like Sean Avery and there have other similar white players disliked for these reasons so it’s pretty weak to use racism to defend him when there’s very talented black dudes in the league who act normal instead of Hollywood and surprise, don’t get this criticism.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Personality makes the sport more interesting. It generates rivalries, emotion, buzz. Having a personal life outside of the sport isn’t garbage. The NHL is the worst in terms of establishing a culture where you are called an egomaniac for showing who you really are. They want everyone to be so hush hush and quiet. Act like a small town white boy. Well guess what, not everyone is that and not everyone wants to be that. Let’s call a spade a spade. PK gets the hate because he’s black. If Tyler Seguin, Patrick Kane, Jack Eichel, Auston Matthews, Drew Doughty or any other white hockey player did this no one would say anything.

PK does amazing charity work and helps out the community. He is also an ambassador for the game.

Agree

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Meh, I just won’t watch it. Checked out the first ep. Wasn’t for me lool.

But if he’s leveraging the NHL to become a vlogger then that’s a serious step down career wise.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Wrong. He’s disliked because he is an obnoxious *****ebag. He’s the black version of someone like Sean Avery and there have other similar white players disliked for these reasons so it’s pretty weak to use racism to defend him when there’s very talented black dudes in the league who act normal instead of Hollywood and surprise, don’t get this criticism.

Comparing Subban to Avery.... Wow.

Avery was a shit stain, Subban is a Norris winner, a great ambassador to the sport, well spoken, charismatic as hell and one of the most generous athlete in the sport, as he gave lots of money and his own goddamn time.
And he doesn't deserves to be shit on like that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wrong. He’s disliked because he is an obnoxious *****ebag. He’s the black version of someone like Sean Avery and there have other similar white players disliked for these reasons so it’s pretty weak to use racism to defend him when there’s very talented black dudes in the league who act normal instead of Hollywood and surprise, don’t get this criticism.

it’s so funny how old school the NHL fanbase is. Keep your head down and shut up or we don’t like you.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Meh, I just won’t watch it. Checked out the first ep. Wasn’t for me lool.

But if he’s leveraging the NHL to become a vlogger then that’s a serious step down career wise.

What does the second part of your post even mean? What is he leveraging for?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
go watch some tv show if you want “personality” and other celebrity garbage. Plenty of channels have loads of that for you. I watch nhl to see the best hockey in the world not anything else

well it’s a good thing the nhl and YouTube are completely separate things then, now aren’t they? What Subban is doing has zero effect on what you are asking for.

Reactions: francis246

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You’re watching a sport not reality tv drama. Plenty of those out there for you

Are they showing his YouTube channel during games or something that I’m missing here? How is this effecting your game viewings? You make no sense.

these two things couldn’t be any more separate from each other. People complaining are the ones joining hockey and outside interest into one big thing.

*pk Subban knits scarfs in his free time*

people on hf: WOW HE’S JUST NOT FOCUSED ON HOCKEY, WOW HE IS SO CONCEITED AND SELF ABSORBED

Doesnt what he does, people like you will spin it in a negative light.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Starting parades after 2 games, that's so west coast 2011. Still an overpaid, overrated, dirty player.

I don’t see anyone planning any parades, just people complaining over something so simplistic because it involves Subban.

Zibanejad DJ’s in his spare time. What a loser!

Last edited:
Reactions: AzHawk

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
PK fares more about attention than winning. No wonder a former Norris’s trophy winner is being traded off repeatedly so easily. Also, I think the reports of him being the most annoying player in the locker room in NHL history checks out.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
PK is gonna be good in the media after he retires. If anything he should do even more of this stuff now to prepare for his retirement.
That's what this whole channel is aimed at in my mind. Youtube will continue to grow as a platform, and when he does make that transition into media (I don't think it's even a question that he will) he will already have this base set up.

Your exposure on social media has huge implications for even the "old media" in today's world. I think he is thinking ahead here, and starting a little nest egg for when he reaches the next chapter.

Love to see the hate in here for this guy. Never done anything but be charismatic and donate to children's hospitals. I bet most of the people who criticize him probably cheer for some team or player in one of the other big 4 leagues who has actually done something legitimately criminal and they brush it off. Inexcusable. Heaven forbid he actually sells the game.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Use to like Subban back when he would make don cherry mad and donate to charities. Now there's just way to much exposure of him for my liking. Only thing this cringey vlog taught me is that PK as a person is completely annoying and narcissistic. Hope the devils tank and he wins jack crap.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Good for him. I support him and wish more players do this. I would personally prefer something more in the line of a regular day of an NHL player, but no doubt Subban's content is going to be more fun and polarizing. Not everybody will be a fan of him, but he certainly knows how to stay in the spotlight and there is nothing wrong. It's even a nice way to bring sponsors and revenue. The guy practically got a Listerine contract from nothing. Not ashamed that I will watch his channel and have fun doing it. On another note I watch almost everything NHL related.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad