PK Subban Started a YouTube Vlogging Channel

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Did not know things were that bad.
That is probabaly some frustration about the desastrous season start speaking. Things are not that bad. Subban will get his fair share of critisizm which is justified though.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
He's making YouTube videos while the team that pays him 9 million a year is on a 6 game losing streak.

This would draw negative attention to any other high profile player in the league.

Maybe all of the other Devils are playing hours upon hours of video games. Can they not spend their leisure time as they wish?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Subban may have not been scoring goals but he was putting up .75 ppg and contributing. I dont think a man should have to hide from the public because his team is ****ting the bed.

Starting Dec 26th until mid Feb Subban put up points in 20 of 22 games. Seems like that pajama video was just what the doctor ordered. If he was going full Odell Beckahm Jr. and partying in Miami, posting videos, sure. Sick kids at Christmas, come on man.
Yeah, it was more being pissed off with the state of the team in general. For the record I didn't make a huge deal, but it was along the lines of "I wish he'd focus on playing hockey" - which I still think is fair to say right now.

Better men than me would just keep their mouth shut

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
While we don't agree often, this is true. I know many people still remember a good weber, but this season he looks bad. I am kinda stunned at how bad Subban has plummeted in just 2 seasons. Both have had weak skating compared to the new NHL (Subban straight skating has been bad a long time, his agility was very very good though) but injuries and aging are really showing how quickly skills can deteriorate, esp in this era. Think about how Jagr only just retired in his late 40's compared to the early to mid 30's of these two.
We probably agree on more than you realize. For the record I have a great deal of respect for you as a poster no matter your opinion.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yes? I mean, they are professional sport players so of course they should train hard? Do you expect them to go to mcdonalds every day to "enjoy their life" while their team suffer? They will have plenty of time to enjoy life after retirement. Or maybe I just really don't understand your original post. From your example, ofc I'd praise Crosby and blame Subban if they were on the team I cheer for, what else do you expect me to do?

Of course they should train hard, and I'm not saying not to praise Crosby.

However people shit on Subban all the time for sharing "non-hockey" moments of his life on social media. Seriously, you don't think he trains as hard as any other guys out there? (except the workhorses like Crosby, Jagr, etc. who obviously are on another planet).

Idk, I guess I don't expect them to be in the gym or on the ice 22 hours a day lol

Reactions: fivesberg

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If I start a vlogging channel, will I enjoy life more?

If you like attention? Plenty of people love the attention it gets them. And Subban is a sucker for attention.

Do whatever you want to enjoy life more

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Of course they should train hard, and I'm not saying not to praise Crosby.

However people **** on Subban all the time for sharing "non-hockey" moments of his life on social media. Seriously, you don't think he trains as hard as any other guys out there? (except the workhorses like Crosby, Jagr, etc. who obviously are on another planet).

Idk, I guess I don't expect them to be in the gym or on the ice 22 hours a day lol

Yeah me neither, but you were saying that some people "prefer to see players training and working hard instead of enjoying their lives". Of course and that's how it should be. Why in the heck should I want my 9 million player to "enjoy their life" more than training hard? That doesn't make any sense. And also, to answer your question, yes, I seriously don't think he trains as hard as someone like Crosby, and I don't think I am wrong. Subban is a shell of his former self. I have never been a fan of his game but he was a very dynamic, borderline game breaking offensive player, but he is far, FAR from that at the moment. Yes, it's early in the season, but why isn't he ready? Is he not paid enough? Or is it that maybe he's "enjoying his life" a little too much? Makes you wonder. I would not be happy if I was a devils fan.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Good for him. Good little side hustle, if you got the chops, the built in audience and the means to do it, why not make the extra money. Some hockey fans seriously underestimate the power of YouTube and how many people watch these vlogs daily.

It’s kind of funny how people act like he’s not “focusing” on hockey because he has a vlog, yet I guarantee their favourite player plays Fortnite/chel/FIFA/COD for multiple hours almost every night. They are people, they have hobbies, and they have lives outside of hockey.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I stand corrected. It was the release of his christmas video at the hospital that season (the one in pajamas). I get it, his heart is in the right place, the timing of it when he just signed that massive contract and was struggling to score goals, and the team was spiraling into the dumpster.

It's never occured to you that maybe the hospital wanted to roll out some video for promotion purposes?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
We probably agree on more than you realize. For the record I have a great deal of respect for you as a poster no matter your opinion.
As do I with you. Opinions should differ with a wide community. You just hope they are informed (I would put you in that camp).

On topic. PKs timing isn't great. But knowing his time in the NHL is likely limited, best to capitalize on your popularity. When he retires I think he will make a great colour guy. We need more guys like Johnson and Weekes a little less Galley and Healey.

AzHawk

Dec 20, 2015
I remember getting crucified for criticizing the mid season spectacle he made of his donation to the children's hospital, while his team was spiralling down the standings and he had all of 2 goals by Christmas.

I mean God bless him for helping out the kids (I donated to his charity myself)but there is a time and a place for everything, and it's not when you and your team are completely stinking up the joint.

Priorities, huh.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I think it's pretty clear Subban's YouTube channel has already cost the Devils the 2020 Stanley Cup.

Dude should spend more of this free time focusing on taking it one shift at a time and gettin' pucks in deep.

Counter point... The day after Subban launches his YouTube channel he plays nearly half the game (including killing almost 7 minutes shorthanded), scores a goal, finishes a +2, gets 9(!) shots on net, and the Devils finally win a game... On Reconsideration Subban's YouTube channel might end up winning the Conn Smythe.

Either way, Subban might just be a man who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not surprising seeing the profits other athletes make off of this.

Most of the content comes from the off-season, and they spread it out.

Reactions: AzHawk

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
He seems more like a politician than a hockey player with his constant need to push his name out. Seems like he's more worried about his future after his hockey career is over and how his "brand" is doing, than the team he's playing for.
It has always eluded me why his attitude turns people off, you nailed it.

Reactions: Koijari

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
pk is weirdly narcissistic. Like he seems like a nice guy but he also does weird stuff like starting a YouTube channel when his team hasn't won a game yet. kind of hilarious when you think about it

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad