GDT: Pittsburgh v Islanders | March 30 @ Consol | 1:00PM EST | All In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
This.

Let him familiarize himself with the city, the coaches and his teammates.

Let him have a couple of practices/skates with the team, watch some film, etc.

I'm sure Iginla could play tomorrow if he wanted to, but I think it's a better idea to let him get comfortable first.

Exactly, I mean the guy was in the same city for how many years? Let him get comfortable with his living arrangements and work him in slowly.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I understand the familiarity and adjustment argument. Really... it makes the best sense.

But I could also very much see Iggy wanting to get right down to business and get himself into the game, so long as he feels up to it. For guys like him... jumping right into the action is arguably the best way to familiarize himself with the team and the fans. Much like Crosby... that guy lives and breathes hockey and competition.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup in a few hours.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
If he's in the lineup, you'd think he'll be slotted to the third line for his first game to ease him in.

switch23

Sep 22, 2010
Fans in Calgarry pay tribute to Iginla:

aurevoirjrome01.gif

aurevoirjrome02.gif

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
No point in having him play today. With not knowing your our system, no practices, not even a tour of the facilities.... don't think it will go well. I say get him up in the press box, let him watch and familiar himself, and have him start Tuesday!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
ROOT SPORTS™ | PIT ‏@ROOTSPORTSPIT 3m
Jarome Iginla will speak with the media at 11am. Hear from him at 12:30 on Pens Pre Game!! -DP

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Think the roster needs to be sorted out first. From what I can tell we'll have 23 unless we scratch someone?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Classy tribute for Iginla. I feel so bad for Flames fans, I remember how I felt the day the Pens traded Jagr. Lots of parallels there, actually.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Saw a tweet that the pens aren't streaming Iginla press conference thats BS i have no idea why they wouldn't, If anybody here knows a site where you can listen or watch it please share.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Tanner Glass has been here for months and still doesn't know the system! Too hell with systems! Get Jarome ALL IN that lineup! ...

:)

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I agree, let him have a few practices and get settled. The Pens have a month to find the correct line combo's so ease him in for a couple of days. I still like the Inginla, Crosby line with Dupuis on LW. Kunitz to Maklin, and Neal with Sutter Bennett and Morrow the third. Cooke, Vitale and Kennedy on the fourth line. The problem however is Kennedy and Bennett are not on the penalty killing units and for some crazy reason Vitale is not given an opportunity to kill penalties. So Bennett is screwed by Adams and Glass who are just fourth line up and downers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad