GDT: Pittsburgh v Islanders | March 30 @ Consol | 1:00PM EST | All In

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
People like that are beyond STUPID. We tried the whole make no moves and it killed us last season. It really did. We fell apart and just completely laid an egg.

I can't believe people are so dumb. The hottest line in the world last year was Geno w/ Neal and Kunitz, and how'd that work out in the postseason? It failed miserably.

But for the entire season people screamed to not take it apart because how dominant they were. I learned a lesson last season and can't believe others did not.

I'm in the choir, but ain't gonna ask you to stop preaching. No matter what happens this year, win or lose, I hope they bring in a lot of fresh blood on the bottom-6. Every team needs that, every year. Fresh blood, hunger, energy. Too many guys have seemed comfortable out thee.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Win or lose this season, I agree with you IC. This was a great decision and we put the best effort to get a Cup. If it doesn't happen - oh well. Playoffs are unpredictable. I'm very VERY happy with what Shero did.

The risk compared to the reward isn't even comparable now that we landed all 3 guys.

But answer me this: Why do people so quickly forget about the most dominant line last season falling short in the postseason? It happens all the time and yet people still ****ing act like idiots as if they can't remember it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Win or lose this season, I agree with you IC. This was a great decision and we put the best effort to get a Cup. If it doesn't happen - oh well. Playoffs are unpredictable. I'm very VERY happy with what Shero did.

The risk compared to the reward isn't even comparable now that we landed all 3 guys.

But answer me this: Why do people so quickly forget about the most dominant line last season falling short in the postseason? It happens all the time and yet people still ****ing act like idiots as if they can't remember it.

You know my feelings on Dupers and the 1st line, so you know I agree. I don't know why people forget the lessons not only of last year with KMN but the past couple of "healthy" playoffs where we've seen teams and the "playoff officiating" figure out ways to clamp down on Sid and Geno and the remaining wingers unable to take advantage of the space.

Very little room for error in a 7-game season. The whole reason I wanted 2 top-6 wingers and all the upgrades so that we could just overload the top-6 and make a more than respectable 3rd-line with X- Sutter - Dupuis and then not even have to worry about match-ups or someone getting shutdown. Iggy and Neal will take advantage of space. That's what they do.

Ray Shero*

I'm kind of glad Iggy isn't playing in this game, I want to see more of what Morrow can do on the second line.

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
NBC Sports Network just indicated Iginla is slated to make his debut against the Islanders tomorrow, but my local news, WPXI - Pittsburgh, indicated that Iginla will not play until next week.

Can anyone confirm what NBC Sports Network is saying is true or not?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
NBC Sports Network just indicated Iginla is slated to make his debut against the Islanders tomorrow, but my local news, WPXI - Pittsburgh, indicated that Iginla will not play until next week.

Well the NHL network just said that Bylsma wouldn't say if Iggy was going to play tomorrow or not. But I would say that Tuesday is likely going to be his debut. If tomorrow's game was at 7 instead of 1 there may be a chance, but asking him to play an afternoon game after arriving that morning is a little much.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Il be rooting for the pens for sure but it wouldn't break my heart to see a loss tomorrow, This is starting to seem to much like the 92-93 pens to me.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
There's only 13 games left. We need as many games with Iginla in the lineup as possible. Play him sheltered whatever, but have him play if he will.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Well the NHL network just said that Bylsma wouldn't say if Iggy was going to play tomorrow or not. But I would say that Tuesday is likely going to be his debut. If tomorrow's game was at 7 instead of 1 there may be a chance, but asking him to play an afternoon game after arriving that morning is a little much.

Any word on what time he'll actually get here? I know it said Saturday, but Saturday could mean 12:01AM. It's already Saturday. I'm wondering if he'll even make it to the game regardless of whether or not he plays.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Any word on what time he'll actually get here? I know it said Saturday, but Saturday could mean 12:01AM. It's already Saturday. I'm wondering if he'll even make it to the game regardless of whether or not he plays.

I thought he was delayed in Toronto? He's like an hour's flight away.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I realize it's a new system and a new team and all, but Iginla knows how to play hockey... and one practice won't make that much difference in how he adapts to the team. If he's available, play him.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I realize it's a new system and a new team and all, but Iginla knows how to play hockey... and one practice won't make that much difference in how he adapts to the team. If he's available, play him.
Plus he plays wing, which is probably the simplest skater position to plug-and-play. He won't play the system perfectly, but the dude knows how to forecheck, backcheck, cycle and shoot pucks.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Plus he plays wing, which is probably the simplest skater position to plug-and-play. He won't play the system perfectly, but the dude knows how to forecheck, backcheck, cycle and shoot pucks.

And pass!! He can pass too!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

All I heard was an 11:00 AM press conference from NHL Network.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You guys thinking he should play have no clue how difficult it is to learn a system on the fly. Tuesday is ideal and smart. Let him get the information, watch it from above tomorrow, talk to players, practice and do a morning skate - then boom. Go from there.

It's difficult to just get off a plane and immediately jump on the ice with an entire new team.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
No way should Iginla play tomorrow. Let him have a couple of days to skate with the team and everyone to get some experience with each other. He can't arrive in the morning and be thrown into the lineup a few hours later. Asking for issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad