GDT: Pittsburgh v Islanders | March 30 @ Consol | 1:00PM EST | All In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
You guys thinking he should play have no clue how difficult it is to learn a system on the fly. Tuesday is ideal and smart. Let him get the information, watch it from above tomorrow, talk to players, practice and do a morning skate - then boom. Go from there.

It's difficult to just get off a plane and immediately jump on the ice with an entire new team.

This.

Let him familiarize himself with the city, the coaches and his teammates.

Let him have a couple of practices/skates with the team, watch some film, etc.

I'm sure Iginla could play tomorrow if he wanted to, but I think it's a better idea to let him get comfortable first.

Since1989

Bring Back Sjostrom
Aug 20, 2010
Germany
Would be awesome to watch him play tomorrow, but I'm guessing that's doubtful with it being an early game. You guys should have heard the standing ovation he received tonight at the Flames game after his video tribute, it would have given you all chills. It lasted the entire commercial break and when the game was supposed to start again the ref(s) had to wait for it to finish before he could drop the puck.

Oh, and a fun fact: Iginla's full name is Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

Go Pens!

Trae

Calgary
Knowing Iginla, he is going to be itching to play if he is there, he's probably dying to get back on the ice. But also knowing Iginla, he will do whatever the team ultimately wishes. If they want him to wait, he will.

Catching this game regardless, I'm stoked :)

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
first and hopefully only game I will be missing this year. :cry:

But as a consolation prize I'm going to Tuesday's game. Iginla's first. :handclap:

Anyways, Let's Go Pen's!!!

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
You guys thinking he should play have no clue how difficult it is to learn a system on the fly. Tuesday is ideal and smart. Let him get the information, watch it from above tomorrow, talk to players, practice and do a morning skate - then boom. Go from there.

It's difficult to just get off a plane and immediately jump on the ice with an entire new team.

1. It's hardly unprecedented to see a trade acquisition on the ice quickly

2. Hockey systems are not all that complicated at all. Most are just variations of each other, Iginla will be aware of them from playing the game for 30 years

3. Iginla is a winger. If he was a d-man, or even center, your point would carry more weight.

Only reason he shouldn't play is of he's not feeling up to it due to long travel. Don't want to risk injury by making him at tired.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Is Fleury in the net for sure? No chance Vokoun gets the start?

DB said MAF would be available to play today but didn't say he would start. If i had to guess i would say he will go with TV giving MAF an extra few days off but like i said its just a guess we will find out for sure at about 11am.

jinx33

The Rust is real
Sep 11, 2006
Paris, FR
Iggy will definitely not play. And i'm as well looking forward to see Morrow playing a second game along Malkin. It did actually work very well against the Jets.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
A skeptic may say that it's better for Iggy to start without any of Dan Bylsma's practices under his belt. :)

In all seriousness, if he's ready to play, then he should play. The streak isn't important. Getting Iggy acclimated to the team is. And, the sooner he gets in there, the sooner he gets to where he is supposed to wind up...on Crosby's line. Let Bylsma have his little fun for a while, and then eventually even he will figure this one out.

Have they announced any roster moves yet? Or will Iginla be "inactive" for one more game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad