Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish: Bombulie ‎to restore order @ the Trib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Blue Collar, Lunchpale and all that.

Those kind of players shouldn't be expected to carry any load, according to most in this town, but Sid and Geno should immediately turn Super Saiyan to put 18 guys on their backs (with 18 other guys in different sweater hanging on their backs).

Rob Scuderi isn't going to win or lose a series for you. That's how the media would answer that. Nevermind the fact that if you inserted a better player for Scuderi as a cheaper cap hit the dividends could be huge.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Rob Scuderi isn't going to win or lose a series for you. That's how the media would answer that. Nevermind the fact that if you inserted a better player for Scuderi as a cheaper cap hit the dividends could be huge.

According to the media yes. According to anyone who watches the games, you could argue that Scuderi is a major cause of us losing this series. His ill-timed line change last game cost us.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
According to the media yes. According to anyone who watches the games, you could argue that Scuderi is a major cause of us losing this series. His ill-timed line change last game cost us.

Yup according to the media. I will say he is still good on the PK in terms of limiting the cross crease pass. But at even strength he sucks the life out of our transition and offensive zone time. He's a net negative on the ice for sure.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

You won't find anyone with media credentials in this town that would agree that Scuderi's suckage has any effect on Sid and/or Geno's play, let alone is enough to drag the team down.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Rob Scuderi will lose a series for you though... so technically, by replacing him, he could be the reason why they win one. Our media doesn't even think that's possible though.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agreed.

And it drives me crazy when I see people blaming Sid or Geno primarily.

This organization has failed them, not the other way around.

You look at the line mates that other stars have, then compare that with the dregs our guys play with. It's ridiculous.

Yes. But how many lines do they occupy?
How many of those make as much as Sid or Geno when they had their first crack at contract talks?

Players have to want to come here.

Injuries have majorly stunted this team.

There is plenty of what's not going right for this team and a good bit is out of all of their control, top to bottom.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
The thing I find most frustrating when hearing the local media personalities talk, and a lot of fans, is that they can not, for the life of them, entertain the fact that our defense being pinned down in their own zone for 70% of their TOI and inability to move the puck at an average level has any effect on Sid, Geno, and the offense.

I had a quick conversation with a co-worker this morning and said, "The defense is part of the reason they're having trouble scoring goals." The guy looked like I just told him that our alien overlords demanded that we all migrate to Pluto.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The thing I find most frustrating when hearing the local media personalities talk, and a lot of fans, is that they can not, for the life of them, entertain the fact that our defense being pinned down in their own zone for 70% of their TOI and inability to move the puck at an average level has any effect on Sid, Geno, and the offense.

I had a quick conversation with a co-worker this morning and said, "The defense is part of the reason they're having trouble scoring goals." The guy looked like I just told him that our alien overlords demanded that we all migrate to Pluto.

That's because a lot of casual fans think defensemen play defense and forwards play offense.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014

It's what happens when the media doesn't know hockey and the average fan reads the "analysis" these reporters write. They think themselves informed because they keep up with the news but really know **** all.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

They're Stillers fans who only know football. I've had many conversations with them as well. They claim to watch a lot of hockey, when in reality, this only means Pens games. They watch and don't really understand the game.

So Stiller fan-now-turned-Pens-fan compartmentalizes it likes it's football. You have offense; you have defense.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
Scuderi is getting targeted. When the Rangers stretch, they'll more than likely do so to his side the majority of the time. He can't keep his gap to mitigate those type of plays.

When the puck is dumped in, it's dumped to Scuderi's side. He doesn't have the footspeed to chase those pucks down.

The reality here is that the Penguins cannot (CANNOT!) enter the playoffs with Scuderi on the roster next year (or tonight, but lets be real here). They simply can't. He's killing them every time he steps on the ice.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Scuderi is getting targeted. When the Rangers stretch, they'll more than likely do so to his side the majority of the time. He can't keep his gap to mitigate those type of plays.

When the puck is dumped in, it's dumped to Scuderi's side. He doesn't have the footspeed to chase those pucks down.

The reality here is that the Penguins cannot (CANNOT!) enter the playoffs with Scuderi on the roster next year (or tonight, but lets be real here). They simply can't. He's killing them every time he steps on the ice.

But Experience!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Scuds has been a target since before Despres was moved. It's just more glaring now because Despres isn't there to move the puck out.

I'm also about 99% sure teams have targeted him more for his inability to handle the puck than his foot speed. I don't think his legs are a big issue, yet.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I just have no idea how guys, who are paid to evaluate and understand the game of hockey, can't see this occurring and sit him the **** down.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

You have any explanation for why he's still in there aside from "2 cups" or "leader on the defense?" The other night, he had the worst game I've seen from a Pens D in as long as I can remember.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
You have any explanation for why he's still in there aside from "2 cups" or "leader on the defense?" The other night, he had the worst game I've seen from a Pens D in as long as I can remember.
let the kids play, if they make a mistake at least we could blame it on their inexperience.
and playing the is the cure for that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If they can't move Scuds in the summer, they have to healthy scratch him and waive him at worst. Simply has to be done. A potential Scuderi-LJ 3rd pairing next year is no bueno.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
let the kids play, if they make a mistake at least we could blame it on their inexperience.
and playing the is the cure for that.

I don't care who they play, young or old, as long as it's not him. He is just killing us. He's vulnerable to dump ins even when he collapses early, which also gives him terrible gap. It's just...awful to watch.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not to pile on Scuds, but he also makes some of the worst turnovers I've ever seen and is sooooo soft on the puck. Can never be trusted to keep a puck in at the blue line or muscle a puck out of a corner

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
the weakness of scuderi's clears seem almost physically impossible for a working age human, let alone a professional athlete

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Not to pile on Scuds, but he also makes some of the worst turnovers I've ever seen and is sooooo soft on the puck. Can never be trusted to keep a puck in at the blue line or muscle a puck out of a corner

What was with that tape to tape pass that he deflected into the damned crowd? I wouldn't know how to do that if I tried.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh

There is no such thing as "piling on" when discussing Scuderi's issues. They are many, and he defines the issues we have in management. He would be long gone if we had a decent GM not beholden to Darkhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad