Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish: Bombulie ‎to restore order @ the Trib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I think Dejan is the one losing his mind. His tweets don't even make sense

I agree with you. While Rossi was clearly in bed with the Shero regime. DK seems completely off balance since his sit down with Mario and Burkle. This includes his got to the mattresses in defending the Despres trade. He floated rumors about Simon, he cheapened the argument by fans about the trade and now going to bat for JR. The guy is coming off as a hack and I pity those who float any money to support this fraud.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They're typical JR trades. Gets a guy in his head that he wants and doesn't worry about the cost. That Canes guy who's been spamming the board all year about how bad JR is...one of his major issues was that JR always thinks he's some irrelevant fringe move from being a cup contender when he's not.

The AGMs probably did like Lovejoy. They probably did dislike Despres.

But the decision to trade one for the other--and nothing else--is a total Rutherford move, just like trading a 2nd and a 3rd to rent a freaking third line wing is pure JR.

I disliked that Winnik trade from the start. It's simply bad asset management to deal two high draft picks for a bottom six player who isn't a difference maker, especially when you're not a Cup contender and said player will not put you over the top.

Winnik's done absolutely nothing to change my original opinion on the trade. He's much of what we already have -- defensively sound, but offensively inept, bottom six winger with very little physicality. Such a nothing acquisition, yet JR spent two high picks to get him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I disliked that Winnik trade from the start. It's simply bad asset management to deal two high draft picks for a bottom six player who isn't a difference maker, especially when you're not a Cup contender and said player will not put you over the top.

Winnik's done absolutely nothing to change my original opinion on the trade. He's much of what we already have -- defensively sound, but offensively inept, bottom six winger with very little physicality. Such a nothing acquisition, yet JR spent two high picks to get him.

Agreed,like the Murray trade for picks, just not worth it. These are type of role players that your organization should be producing so you don't have to waste picks.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Would sure be nice if the media (all media) would just do their damn jobs, and not interject their personal and political biases towards everything

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Irregardless of my personal feelings on the matter of the gm/media in this town, this has been some of the best drama to follow in a while, when was the last time a media personality/organization openly and publically spat with a professional sports team here? If this is what it's like in toronto or new york I envy the entertainment value. This is at least fun to waste an afternoon following, compared to the inane drivel the town media usually provides.

I agree with you. While Rossi was clearly in bed with the Shero regime. DK seems completely off balance since his sit down with Mario and Burkle. This includes his got to the mattresses in defending the Despres trade. He floated rumors about Simon, he cheapened the argument by fans about the trade and now going to bat for JR. The guy is coming off as a hack and I pity those who float any money to support this fraud.

DK will say anything to get attention, he's flip flopped on topics, pro-team, anti-team, pro-media, anti-media countless times in his what barely year old independent venture now? I'm sure there's some truth to what he's saying compared to rossi, compared to the pens, but never forget he's the guy that named this town the new hockey mecca, and he should never live that down.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Raw text of some of Dejan's tweets:

DK is now saying that it's a shame that Yohe is involved in this at all, he's quality, he should come work for Dejan, etc.

As for Jesse, I don't think he's very involved beyond the fact that the Pensblog came out with a post that said that JR will be let go at the end of the year and replaced by Guerin. Also implied that DK is fed information by Burkle. Somebody asked if the info was legit, and Jesse (who has been writing for them) basically said "They did their due diligence."

No idea if there's more to it or where Cole comes in.
Thanks.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I mentioned this in the other thread, but JR did not lose his mind, Rossi is 100% in the wrong here. He committed so many ethically questionable acts that I wouldn't be surprised if the Trib suspended him.

If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised if the situation is even worse next year, with no interviews and nothing but one-word quotes being supplies to Trib Reporters (thus causing them to up their **** levels)

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The only reason i can see the pens possibly firing JR is because they wouldn't have to spend money to replace him, they would just promote one of there 500 assistant GM to GM.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Nah I think they're so image-conscious he will be "asked" to resign to save them from the unpleasantness of another firing....
But re image, hilarious that this is now national and they look like a clown show.
Expect even tighter clamp down going forward and a GM who speaks his mind is definitely NOT in the planning.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
No way in hell I'm listening to Madden today based on Twitter. In fact I'm already sick of the whole thing. It was fun for a few hours but as always everyone has to take it too far in the name of clicks and follows.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm confused and my work firewall blocks tweets. Dejan suggests Rossi made it all up? Or at least blew it all out of proportion? Where do Jesse and ColePens come into play?

It's just an exaggerated joke. A couple posters were saying it was nice that Jesse stops by and isn't afraid to go toe to toe with posters around here if he has a differing opinion.

So we basically just said the other members of the media were afraid to step on in the ring of HF. Out of all people, Jacob, missed the sarcasm!?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
No way in hell I'm listening to Madden today based on Twitter. In fact I'm already sick of the whole thing. It was fun for a few hours but as always everyone has to take it too far in the name of clicks and follows.

Well you are missing a lot...

on the other topic, Stan Savran all but wants Geno stoned at the Market Square, his hate for him is so funny, he is quiet as a f.... mouse when Geno plays well the second he does something wrong he screams

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Basically getting Rossi's back. Sensationalist likes sensationalist.

That's the problem with Madden. He brings just too much of his wrestling character to his radio show. Now, I know that's the idea of the show and that's the character he wants to portray and I admit it's working for him, but his propensity to defend people just because they come on his show make him look like a used car salesman.

While I doubt his claims of his tested IQ, I do believe the guy is well above average in intelligence, especially in the the talk radio world where he's found a niche that works well for him and makes him a ton of money. Not everyone can pull off a character that intentionally makes people hate them yet still tune in to listen to him.

His hero Rick Flair has served him well as he's followed that model to a T.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
We have the worst sports media in the USA, especially for hockey.

That's because USA sports media is manned mostly by third-string J-School hacks who really want to be covering National politics, but didn't do well enough in J-School to get a political beat.

A few of them actually get their dream and get to move onto becoming political columnists instead (LZ Granderson and the one guy from Deadspin come to mind).

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Thread title changed? And here I thought HF was beyond Rossi's reach.

#tinfoilhat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thread title changed? And here I thought HF was beyond Rossi's reach.

#tinfoilhat

Rob personally called me and said "ColePens.. I do not want to debate gap control with you for 50 hours. That's why I don't post. And tell that idiot IcedCapp that Despres sucks!" and then he hung up the phone snickering. :(

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Rob personally called me and said "ColePens.. I do not want to debate gap control with you for 50 hours. That's why I don't post. And tell that idiot IcedCapp that Despres sucks!" and then he hung up the phone snickering. :(

I know it wasn't Facetime, because I'm sure he can't look you in the eyes.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I mentioned this in the other thread, but JR did not lose his mind, Rossi is 100% in the wrong here. He committed so many ethically questionable acts that I wouldn't be surprised if the Trib suspended him.

If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised if the situation is even worse next year, with no interviews and nothing but one-word quotes being supplies to Trib Reporters (thus causing them to up their **** levels)

I hope the TRIB goes mid-evil on the Pens because currently that is what they deserve. We always wondered if the Letang/Morehouse rumors were true. I believe we got that answer with the Despres trade.

As far Rossi vs JR, JR actually had to do dig to get the "ice Cream" reference. My guess is, someone in the organization supplied that information to JR. Again, this is the new Pens. All PR campaign and very little substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad